LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the proper way to attach to my 4 batts hooked up in series with 48v

should i keep the charger set to deep cycle?

all info is greatly appreciated
thankx alot

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Originally posted by J P@Sep 21 2005, 02:45 PM~3859052
what is the proper way to attach to my 4 batts hooked up in series with 48v

should i keep the charger set to deep cycle?

all info is greatly appreciated
thankx alot
hook them up to a low charge like 2 amps over night

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah but what about the positive and negetive from the battery charger
which terminlas of which batts should they be on?

·
Registered
312 Posts
If you have a 48V battery charger (not a 12V battery charger) then the negative off of the battery charger to the chassis of the car and the positive off of the battery charger goes to the last batteries positive terminal in the series hookup (4 batteries in series equals 48 volts).
Keep the setting on a low amperage (it takes longer but you are not hot shotting the battery and is better for them).
If you only have a 12V battery charger, you have to do each battery seperate from each other by disconnecting the wires on each one and then hooking the charger just to that battery.
I don't know if they make 48V battery chargers but years ago when I raced we had 16V batteries for ignition systems and the chargers for them were actually had 20V outputs. A 12V output charger will not charge up a standard 14.5V car battery as you need at least one volt over the nominal battery voltage for it to charge and also watch out on chargers that have high amperage outputs for quick charging or hot shotting a battery as they will damage batteries faster by quickly charging them and also some electronics in cars cannot handle the higher voltage that they also produce so it's best to disconnect the wires off of the car to where it is just the battery and the charger doing their thing.
Jim

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you custom jim
that is exactly what i neede to know

1 - 5 of 5 Posts