LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you mount a wall for the trunk to cover up the back section. To hide the cyclinder and hoses?

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
im guessing your talking about the luggage rack...if you want to go cheap make it out of cardboard and just put some material on it that matches your trunk floor....mount it with some velcro and make sure you cut holes for the hinges ...if you do it right you could do it very cheap and make it look nice...if you dont want cardboard i would say use 1/2'' mdf and basically do the same process with velcro...also look for the plastic tough velcro...both sides are like little knobs instead of hook and loop

·
Registered
15,682 Posts
Originally posted by enough_talkin@Jan 4 2004, 04:13 PM
im guessing your talking about the luggage rack...if you want to go cheap make it out of cardboard and just put some material on it that matches your trunk floor....mount it with some velcro and make sure you cut holes for the hinges ...if you do it right you could do it very cheap and make it look nice...if you dont want cardboard i would say use 1/2'' mdf and basically do the same process with velcro...also look for the plastic tough velcro...both sides are like little knobs instead of hook and loop
can you use a woodboard and then cover it up with any material?

but I still don't get the part so it can still still and won't moved..thanks

TTT :biggrin:

and maybe for the sides too

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
i suppose you could but i was just pointing out something that would be easier...the velcro i pointed out would keep the material still because its some tough shit..and if the panels are pretty light it shouldnt have a problem at all...the reason i say use the strong velcro is because its easy to apply and you could access your cylinders/batteries or whatever without having to make any brackets or unscrew anything....also with something flexible you could put angles into it without every having to worry about cutting anything

·
Registered
15,682 Posts
Originally posted by enough_talkin@Jan 10 2004, 12:36 PM
i suppose you could but i was just pointing out something that would be easier...the velcro i pointed out would keep the material still because its some tough shit..and if the panels are pretty light it shouldnt have a problem at all...the reason i say use the strong velcro is because its easy to apply and you could access your cylinders/batteries or whatever without having to make any brackets or unscrew anything....also with something flexible you could put angles into it without every having to worry about cutting anything
ok thanks homie

do you have any pics of steps how to do it I know it ain't hard but just want to see lol thanks :biggrin:

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
Originally posted by mr.pimpdaddy@Jan 12 2004, 02:23 PM
ok thanks homie

do you have any pics of steps how to do it I know it ain't hard but just want to see lol thanks :biggrin:
ive never tried to do it myself but i will be making something similiar for my towncar...it will be my first attempt but im sure i will get it down to a science....sorry bro no pics...

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
I have a wall mounted in the back of my towncar that hides my cylinders, and doubles as an amp rack. i made it out of wood, and their are no screws or velcro that holds it in place. i cut it so that it just slides in, and once it's in it doesnt move an inch.....but it's tricky to get back out. i covered it in black vinal screwed my amp and crossover to it, then drilled holes in it so my wires go into the board and out the back. NO WIRES ARE VISIBLE!

i';ll take some pics when i get off work in the morning, i have this one but you can just barley see it. ;)

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
I made one in my Impala and put a mirror in it, I screwed for 2x2's to teh trunk and top and then screwed my cover to that I put 4 wood screws in it with button covers and it looked nice just had to un-screw the screws to get to my rear cylinders, subs(8's) and amp

1 - 10 of 10 Posts