773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone help me out i have cash and will pay enough for one... thanx :biggrin:

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by The Mad Modeler@Nov 8 2003, 09:27 AM
nobody's answering because they aren't available ;)
i know someone out there has one though.... ill pay good money for one if anyone has one.... it was worth a try though.... :biggrin:

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by cutlssupreme87+Nov 8 2003, 10:44 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cutlssupreme87 @ Nov 8 2003, 10:44 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--The Mad Modeler@Nov 8 2003, 09:27 AM
i know someone out there has one though.... ill pay good money for one if anyone has one.... it was worth a try though.... :biggrin:[/b][/quote]
theres 1 guy on here with a partial resin one but i dont see it budging from his hands anytime soon. lol

never know though....... offer him a couple hundred bucks and he might consider it.
and if he does go for that... make sure you tell him that i sent you :cheesy:
lol

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by The Mad Modeler+Nov 8 2003, 10:53 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Mad Modeler @ Nov 8 2003, 10:53 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 8 2003, 10:44 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--The Mad Modeler
@Nov 8 2003, 09:27 AM

i know someone out there has one though.... ill pay good money for one if anyone has one.... it was worth a try though.... :biggrin:
theres 1 guy on here with a partial resin one but i dont see it budging from his hands anytime soon. lol

never know though....... offer him a couple hundred bucks and he might consider it.
and if he does go for that... make sure you tell him that i sent you :cheesy:
lol[/b][/quote]
well i hope he comes forward with the car ill give him good $$$ for it .... ill just wait and see what happens ... thanx mad.. :biggrin:

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
Originally posted by The Mad Modeler+Nov 8 2003, 12:43 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Mad Modeler @ Nov 8 2003, 12:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--phatras@Nov 8 2003, 12:23 PM
bigpappa has one to..
are you sure man? i know hes posted the pic of that one off that german site.[/b][/quote]
its bigpoppa not bigpappa and yes he has one and I dont think low83cutty has one

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well........ lets see i got $100 ill give for one if anyone has it .... :biggrin:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Originally posted by The Mad Modeler+Nov 8 2003, 12:43 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Mad Modeler @ Nov 8 2003, 12:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--phatras@Nov 8 2003, 12:23 PM
bigpappa has one to..
are you sure man? i know hes posted the pic of that one off that german site.[/b][/quote]
he's got it.. seen all his resin kits... the bastard *hehe* has some bad ass kits. including the sedan deville I want....

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by Majestics Pablo@Nov 8 2003, 03:21 PM
he's got it.. seen all his resin kits... the bastard *hehe* has some bad ass kits.  including the sedan deville I want....
dont know how many times i told him he should take his and get them recast and start selling them but guess then he would lose some bragging privleages or some shit :ugh: lol

·
Registered
343 Posts
Originally posted by The Mad Modeler@Nov 8 2003, 03:28 PM
dont know how many times i told him he should take his and get them recast and start selling them but guess then he would lose some bragging privleages or some shit :ugh: lol
hehe.. shit man... went over a couple of weeks ago, to go through some of this models in his garage. after 2 hours I got tired of it.. that was just in his garage. He has more model kits then what me and my brother had when we had our store that sold models kits and bike parts. I'm sure your the same too.. but gawddamn... he had some OLD orignal kits, very damn nice.

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
lol, yepp... im the same way man. the back bedroom has enough room to walk in the doorway and have room to turn around in there. kits stacked almost to the ceiling. cant go any higher cause they been falling over lately. lol
kits dated from the early 80's, mid 60's, early 70's and up to this year. :biggrin:

and thats just the one room

·
Registered
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by The Mad Modeler+Nov 8 2003, 05:28 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Mad Modeler @ Nov 8 2003, 05:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Majestics Pablo@Nov 8 2003, 03:21 PM
he's got it.. seen all his resin kits... the bastard *hehe* has some bad ass kits.  including the sedan deville I want....
dont know how many times i told him he should take his and get them recast and start selling them but guess then he would lose some bragging privleages or some shit :ugh: lol[/b][/quote]
where would one go to do something like that??

·
Shortbus Pimp
3,320 Posts
Originally posted by 1ofaknd+Nov 8 2003, 06:16 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (1ofaknd @ Nov 8 2003, 06:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -The Mad [email protected] 8 2003, 05:28 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Majestics Pablo
@Nov 8 2003, 03:21 PM

where would one go to do something like that??[/b][/quote]
One would go to the tons of diff catsers and ask them to do it for them.. Wait about two months and I will be able to repop it.. Most casters wont repop other casters stuff unless its not available anymore.. Later Rick S.

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by 1ofaknd+Nov 8 2003, 05:16 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (1ofaknd @ Nov 8 2003, 05:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -The Mad [email protected] 8 2003, 05:28 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Majestics Pablo
@Nov 8 2003, 03:21 PM

where would one go to do something like that??[/b][/quote]
a coupkle of choices would be to start doing casting yourself or find somebody that does it. like for instance... i know 5 or 6 people that does it, Tone knows a guy or 2 and poppa knows a guy.

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
You're right, I do have one. I've never posted anything off the German site.

And no, I will not sell it. And yes, I do have an ethical problem recasting anything I have. Someone worked hard to make an accurate replica, and I have no right to take credit for it and make money off of it without permission. No different than plagiarism. Repopping an old model that is no longer made is different. Resin casting is an expensive and time comsuming process as well. Twenty four hours to make a mold, twenty four hours to cure a part, and who know how much time to clean up the master and the product.

Just so people know, this Cutlass comes with no headlights and no grille (but you use the Grand National for everything else), and comes with a nasty under curl to the doors. Me and a friend split 3 of them and all had the same problem. I've talked with other people who bought stuff from Showtime and we agree that he was pulling the resin from the mold too soon and deforming the final product.

I believe Carlos Alazar (Salazar?) ran Showtime, and probably due to time, he's limited or stopped making resin.

K. Diaz

1 - 20 of 21 Posts