LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the rear deck

The rear glass being so close should provide some amplification much like a hatchback.

My problem is that I'm an oldschool lover of the sound of a 15. I'm thinking of doing one 15" in the deck or two 12s. Here's what to take into consideration

-The sub will be showing as mounted in the deck, but the box will extend into the trunk below the sub.
-The box can't be TOO large because I am also doing 4 pumps 10 batts. The trunk is huge though, but I want the sub to face up so you can see it through the window.
-ITS GOT TO HIT HARD

My choices of subs I'm thinking are: (either one 15 or two 12s)
-Braham XXX(sp?)
-JL W7
-Solobaric (for that different look)

What sub should I go with considering the requirements?
Should I do one 15 or two 12s? (I like the deep bass :biggrin:)
Which sub will work best considering the box/space requirements?

Thanks in advance. :cool:

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
I wwould go wit the JL W-7 I heard them you might need a extra back window :biggrin:

I'm might go wit 1 W-7 in the back deck of my Lac but it will be the last thing I do cuz Im gonna build the video system first

·
Premium Member
11,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by CUTLASS BOYZ@Jan 9 2004, 11:22 AM
I wwould go wit the JL W-7 I heard them you might need a extra back window :biggrin:

I'm might go wit 1 W-7 in the back deck of my Lac but it will be the last thing I do cuz Im gonna build the video system first
Think I should do one 15 or two 12s?

·
Premium Member
11,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by h-town caddy king@Jan 9 2004, 12:07 PM
i like a setup with one 15 myself but see what amp you are going to use first that way you know the ohm you are trying to get.
Amp isn't an issue. Any amp i'll buy will be 1ohm capable so resistance won't really be an issue.

I'll have to RE measure to see if I can squeeze 2 15s back there :biggrin: But the box would have to be considerably smaller. :(

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Originally posted by Joe5pt0+Jan 9 2004, 09:51 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Joe5pt0 @ Jan 9 2004, 09:51 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--CUTLASS BOYZ@Jan 9 2004, 11:22 AM

Think I should do one 15 or two 12s?[/b][/quote]
I would go wit 1- 13" JL W-7 if you get on e-bay & put in
JL Audio W-7 in the search you will be surprised what pops up just make sure it says BRAND NEW

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I HAVE 3 W6 IN MY 67 RAG PICS IN POST YOUR RIDES IT HIT REALLY FUCKIN HARD WITH THE TOP UP

·
Registered
698 Posts
I have a 65 SS. Taking out my solobaric L7 15" in a custom sealed box and 1000Watt amp. Getting two tens...pounds too hard. I am about to sell the system if you are interested. Let me know. Im me

·
Premium Member
11,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by 65impalaSS@Jan 12 2004, 10:15 PM
I have a 65 SS. Taking out my solobaric L7 15" in a custom sealed box and 1000Watt amp. Getting two tens...pounds too hard. I am about to sell the system if you are interested. Let me know. Im me
I just might do that. I just re-measured and I got 39 inches inbetween where the cylinders will be and like over 20 some inches from glass to seat.

TWO 15s it IS :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

I didnt think they'd fit at first glance.....

Oh, and You got a PM ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts