LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
no i don't have a spline key that connects to the pump, i have one that connects to the pumphead thou......

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont know that much about it. its the peice that connects the motor in the middle of the end that goes into the pump head i guess. its a 9 spline and then it connects inside the other thing that is 19 slpine. is this what you have?

·
Registered
86 Posts
naw

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
This is basically what a pump consists of...
Tank, pumphead,block, key, and motor (of course there is the dumps and fittings). The motor bolts to one side of the block and the pumphead bots to the side that has the tank on it. The key is what attaches them together so that when the motor spins, the pumphead does too. Hope that helps a little.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Originally posted by S10lifted@Dec 12 2003, 05:17 PM
This is basically what a pump consists of...
Tank, pumphead,block, key, and motor (of course there is the dumps and fittings). The motor bolts to one side of the block and the pumphead bots to the side that has the tank on it. The key is what attaches them together so that when the motor spins, the pumphead does too. Hope that helps a little.
couldn't have said it better that wat i was trying to get across the first time i replied

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah thats what i need the key that turns them together. the motor is a 9 spline and the other is a 16. if you or someone has one for sale hit me up i need one asap.

·
Registered
86 Posts
no bill it was scarism, u said u needed a key for the pump i said no i have one for a pumphead as in theres no such thing for a key for a pump its actually called pumphead do u get it?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
haha yeah man im a little out of it right now. pretty pissed off and need a key. i ordered my motor and asked if i needed an extra key to hook the two together and he said no a million times. then i got the damn thing and it doesnt fit. i call him back and say what the hell and he said i didnt say i needed one and wanted to charge $20 for shipping its bulshit.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
The keys are usually $6-7 plus shipping. What kind of key do you have now? Tang? I will look and see if I have an extra one.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
no there isnt a key at all. i ordered the motor and the rest of the pump didnt have a key in it. it bought it used. so all i need is the 9-16 key. itd be great if you have on.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts