LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its a 95 caprice 200k miles runs good rebuild tranny..rear end out of another bubble that had 60k miles...says it runs great...now the problems are the water pump starting to leak so wen it leaks the opti gets wet and it can ride rough... also it has alot of underbody rust...most of it looks clean but he says it has a soft spot in the floor... and it also needs a steering box soon but other then that its decent...has some rust on the feder and a hole of rust in the quarter...gutts seem clean...normal x police car... he wants $750...he lives in my area...

wha do u guys think... is it worth it?

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
What up Calvin? I would give a hesitant yes.

It depends what you want to do with the car. Daily? Custom? Restoration?

I mean, LT1s are good motors. Aside from your normal oil blow by, that motor should last you a while longer. However, you'll want to replace that water pump AND the Optispark, and even with a GM replacement parts hookup, they're gonna run you a grip. The waterpump is about $100 and the Opti about $250-300 FRIEND PRICES ;) . If you were to take it someplace and have the work done, you'd get raped.

Hell, if the car is too much of a project, you could surely part it out for more than $750.

Let me know if I can be of more help, but that's just what I'm thinking off the bat.

Peace,
Jeff

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Badass94Cad@Aug 3 2005, 02:20 PM
What up Calvin?  I would give a hesitant yes.

It depends what you want to do with the car.  Daily?  Custom?  Restoration?

I mean, LT1s are good motors.  Aside from your normal oil blow by, that motor should last you a while longer.  However, you'll want to replace that water pump AND the Optispark, and even with a GM replacement parts hookup, they're gonna run you a grip.  The waterpump is about $100 and the Opti about $250-300 FRIEND PRICES  ;) .  If you were to take it someplace and have the work done, you'd get raped.

Hell, if the car is too much of a project, you could surely part it out for more than $750.

Let me know if I can be of more help, but that's just what I'm thinking off the bat.

Peace,
Jeff
[snapback]3534725[/snapback]​

sup dawg....mainly daily but slow resto... for the opti i found that msd cap and rotor for only 150... but then i saw that gm opti for something like 300...the water pump i found for yuh i think its 100...but im thinkin if i offer this guy 700 he would take it cause no one else is really asked him he said..he just needs it out his house

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the replys guys...

andrew H and vegas cutty:
yeah i was gonna offer him $600 and if he takes it ill buy it from him but i dont think its worth more also

one8seven:
not really gonna be a lolo but yeah the only thing this car going for it is id say the gutts and the drivetrain...body and rust are bad...but we'll see wha he says for $600

thanks again for all the suggestions :thumbsup:

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
if i were doing the work myself, id pick that up only if i had intended to rebuild that motor, and patch up that floor tho! That body is rotted out. If the stuff you see is that bad - just imagine what you cant.

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
foompla:
thats the same thing i thought soon as i saw the pics...imagine wha hes trying 2 hide lol

sleeper:
nah i doubt he would take anything less then $600 lol shit he can sell the engine alone and make 400 lol

·
Registered
704 Posts
Maybe its just the Left Coast but $700!! jump on it! if your gonna build a lo lo you gotta paint it($500-one day to $3500 Kandy paint) put interior in it ($1000 to $2500 full interior) Rims ($400-$1000 with tires) Hydraulics ($1300 to $5000) anyways my point is you cant really lose buy the car and lowride it or fix a couple of things and make your daily driver or last fix it and flip it for $2000 the car looked in good anuff shape to drive daily you can buy it make sure it runs right and sell it in Minneapolis for someones Winter car and they would pay up to $2500 for a good winter beater

1 - 20 of 34 Posts