LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to put a screen in my 84 cutlass so were would you mount it at, what brand would you go with, what features should i look for, what does it take to hook a screen up, what all will i need to make it play throught my system and anything you can add would help.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Can be mounted on a pedastel, or you can buy an in dash unit (one that folds out). Clarion, concept, alpine, pioneer, kenwood, accelvision, micorvision are some good brands. Make sure it's a TFT (thin film transistor) screen so you don't get that nasty glare shit, the bigger the screen the better (goes without saying lol). To make it work you need a source (dvd player, ps2, xbox, anything with a video output) and to hook up the power and ground wires. Booyah, you have video.

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Originally posted by 77cutdog@Aug 20 2003, 10:50 PM
(1) were would you mount it at
(2) what brand would you go with
(3) what features should i look for
(4) what does it take to hook a screen up
(5) what all will i need to make it play throught my system
(6) anything you can add would help.
(1) Anywere you want, just use your imagination. In the dash, in the upper part of the seats (yes I know that car doesn't have headrests :biggrin: ), or fabricate your own head-rests then cover them with cloth.

(2) I would go with anything that is cheap. My friend has some cheaper ones from ikesound.com . He gave 200 bucks for 2 of them.

(3) Basicly, only feature you need is RCA video input.

(4) All you need to hook up a screen is RCA cables and power wire.

(5) To play the audio through your system, you would just run the RCA sound from the auxilary source (Playstation, VCR, DVD player, and so on) to your Head units inputs. If your head unit doesn't have RCA Audio inputs, you will need to buy an RF Adapter so your head unit will pickup the Aux Sources audio.

(6) I would just add that in some states it is illegal to drive while your tvs are on :( . Screens are basicly all the same (for looks), so I personaly wouldn't spend much money on one (or a set). ikesound.com has 2 for $200 and that is cheap. ;)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have an alpine cda 7893 and i talked to a local audio shop and was told that this deck has features built in that i would not need anything else but a vcr or dvd and screen.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Here is where I put my screens on my 84 cutlass, did the install overnight right before a show. Take your time so you can do a better quality install.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts