LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know people use the fiberglass mats but I've also seen people use material to stretch over the base... Wat material is it??? Thanks ahead homies

·
Premium Member
15,658 Posts
MATERIAL USED IS "FLEECE".

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
You can use fleece or a t-shirt like material. I buy all my shit walmart in the fabric section. look in the clearence section for something to work with. But any material you use you will need to re-inforce it with fiberglass mat. If you need some fiberglass mat, i have some you can buy. I will give it to you cheaper than anyone else in the state. I bought 300 yards of it along time ago, and i just don't do that much fiberglass anymore. So let me know. :cool:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ProClub???? And I kinda wanna try the fiberglass shreds... Any difference between the mats and shreds???

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Originally posted by Colorado Lowrider@Feb 28 2010, 11:07 PM~16757333
ProClub???? And I kinda wanna try the fiberglass shreds... Any difference between the mats and shreds???
:biggrin:

·
Registered
11,295 Posts
grille cloth is great. Uses very little resin the first time around....just need to make sure you use quality chop matte to reinforce it.

·
over it
6,640 Posts
Originally posted by Colorado Lowrider@Mar 1 2010, 02:07 AM~16757333
Woven matt/cloth is much stronger than the chopped matt. The strength is in the cloth not the resin. Woven matt also requires less layers if you use a heavy weight matt which cuts down on wasted resin.

·
The Great White Hype
59,428 Posts
what ever you do..... go to a jobber store and check their prices on the resin. I bought some from the local store for 20 bucks a gallon. :cheesy:

·
Registered
695 Posts
what the heck is a jobber store ?
im in FL too and never heard bout this one ??
is it like a lowes or home depo or more small like a ace hardware ?

·
over it
6,640 Posts
I think he's refering to a smaller shop that deals mainly in composite materials and supplies. A shop that buys and sells large quanitys of resin is more likely to sell for less. I'm lucky and have one 2 blocks away.

·
The Great White Hype
59,428 Posts
Originally posted by brian84corvette+Mar 2 2010, 12:39 AM~16766886-->
what the heck is a jobber store ?
im in FL too and never heard bout this one ??
is it like a lowes or home depo or more small like a ace hardware ?
[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-OUTHOPU
@Mar 2 2010, 11:28 AM~16770441
I think he's refering to a smaller shop that deals mainly in composite materials and supplies. A shop that buys and sells large quanitys of resin is more likely to sell for less. I'm lucky and have one 2 blocks away.
Okay I'll break it down big bird barney style :cheesy: A body shop/paint store. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts