LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today on my way to work my water pump died on my 86 regal...i got the new one and am gonna put it on tommarow..it looks pretty simple and straight foward...anybody here ever changed one on a g-body? how hard was it and how long did it take??

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Originally posted by capone530@Oct 2 2003, 08:33 PM
Today on my way to work my water pump died on my 86 regal...i got the new one and am gonna put it on tommarow..it looks pretty simple and straight foward...anybody here ever changed one on a g-body? how hard was it and how long did it take??
shouldent take u more than a hr. at the most. fairly easy. ;)

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea it seems like the hardest part will just be takin off all the stuff attached to it..

·
Registered
17 Posts
just make sure you put silicone/rtv on the bolts that go into a water jacket

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i put the silicone/rtv all over the bolts and then i put some on the block where the waterpump bolts up right? and where do i put the paper gasket?? against the water pump right?

Last edited by capone530 at Oct 3 2003, 08:20 AM

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Originally posted by capone530@Oct 3 2003, 10:13 AM
i put the silicone/rtv all over the bolts and then i put some on the block where the waterpump bolts up right? and where do i put the paper gasket?? against the water pump right?
between ur pump and motor block, dont forget to put ilicone on ur gasket too.

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i got it all done..so far so good...and yea the longest part was takin all the stuff off to get to the water pump. it came off easy though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts