LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can i use a water trap made for a regular aircompressor for my airbag setup...i dont see why not???? and i should have it after the compressors and before the tank right....any info..thankz...

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
as long as the PSI rating is correct, you should be fine.

it will trap most of the water, but I think that water will still form inside of the tanks due to condensation, so make sure your bottom port is accessible to allow you to drain the water out periodically

·
Registered
261 Posts
Originally posted by bigdanmcintosh@Dec 21 2003, 03:42 PM

it will trap most of the water, but I think that water will still form inside of the tanks due to condensation, so make sure your bottom port is accessible to allow you to drain the water out periodically
or stick on a very small solenoid and switch to drain.... :cool:

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Originally posted by jjj+Dec 21 2003, 10:41 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jjj @ Dec 21 2003, 10:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--bigdanmcintosh@Dec 21 2003, 03:42 PM

or stick on a very small solenoid and switch to drain.... :cool:[/b][/quote]
they have automatic drains for big compressors, I thought that would be a cool setup, but I cant find them in 12VDC :(

·
Registered
677 Posts
The prob with a lot of those automatic drains is that they are set to dump at around 10psi.
A small, 1/8" solenoid on a manual switch would probably be better.
Ebay usually has a few tiny solenoids around...also Princess Auto (in Ontario at least) got a mss of 1/16" port 12vdc solenoids vavles in *shrug*

Last edited by Skuce2 at Dec 22 2003, 11:55 AM

·
Registered
677 Posts
Oh...and also try to get a glass and metal water trap as well if you are running and engine driven comp. Especailly a "Sanden" compressor.

The oil that is spayed into the air stream may not get along all that well with the water trap componets if it's all plastic.
"Yorks" don't have the same oil sprayer as the Sandens...so you don't have to owrry about that as much.

But since you're running a regular compressor....you don't really have to worry about it. Just the PSI rating of the trap. :biggrin:

Last edited by Skuce2 at Dec 22 2003, 11:58 AM

1 - 6 of 6 Posts