LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm back (after 3 deployments to the desert) and getting my 63 "weekend thang" back in motion. I'm posting some pics from the beginning of the project now and will continue until I get ya'll caught up. All comments are welcome.javascript:emoticon(':cheesy:')
smilie

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My pops helped tear down the front end and pull out the 283.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's the replacement create 327/mild street cam/600CFM carb/shortie ceramic headers. I bought a remanufactured powergilde cause it turn out cheaper to get that than to rebuild the original. Number match on both the engine and the tranny for 1963 chevy passenger cars.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
both fenders had cancer at the bottom so I had a guy weld in patch panels (I will never do that again) It has been a big pain in the butt trying to get them to line up. Lesson learned is to just use what you need not the whole panel. I ended up buying a fender for the passenger side.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got the engine out and tore the front end down to the frame. Didnt have time or space to take the entire body of the frame so I just dropped the front half of the frame down and cleaned it up and replaced all the body bushings and then dropped the back end down and did the same. I was able to get everything off the bottom of the car with a wire brush and a presser washer. Car was very clean with no rust on the under carriage or the frame. Will post more pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Welcome back homie , God is good !

·
Registered
13,129 Posts
WELCOME BACK HOMIE...AND THINGS ARE LOOKING GOOD BRO...KEEP US POSTED!!!!!

·
KICK ROCKS
14,345 Posts
Welcome back good luck wit tha build...I gotta put mine on hold now cause I leave in late October :banghead:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all the comments! Here are a few more pics. I decided that I wanted to give the firewall a cleaner look. All mechanical work on the car has been done by myself my Pops, and my neighbor Sid who has done all the body work and painting. He has helped me with some of the mechanical stuff but I couldn't ask for a better neighbor/home boy for all the work he has done on this project. I appreciate it! Also Would like to give a shout out to my son Alex for his input, JJ and TP even though ya'll didnt and still dont understand a lot of this shit I appreciate all your comments and suggestions good and worthless!

1 - 20 of 113 Posts