LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey what kinda weight can i put in my 78' Monte to make it do a standing 3??? Its got that spare tire hole what can i put in there???

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Originally posted by Dirty78Monte@Oct 16 2003, 09:17 PM
hey what kinda weight can i put in my 78' Monte to make it do a standing 3??? Its got that spare tire hole what can i put in there???
how many batts do you have?

run them along the sides of your trunk for better weight distribution.

:),

cc

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
Please... do it right, don't add a bunch of weight to make your car 3 wheel. All it will do if you dump a bunch of weight into the spare tire well is buckle the body. First, start with a strong, reinforced frame and 10-12 batteries. For cylinders, go with at very least 12's. If your frame is wrapped, it should go right into 3 with no problems.

·
Registered
369 Posts
the RIGHT WAY is all in the eyes of the beholder... do what is gonna make you happy... you dont have to listen to Mr. Wizard..

Last edited by nissanminitrucker at Oct 17 2003, 09:43 AM

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
Originally posted by nissanminitrucker@Oct 17 2003, 08:42 AM
the RIGHT WAY is all in the eyes of the beholder... do what is gonna make you happy... you dont have to listen to Mr. Wizard..
If you want to advise the guy on how to buckle his car, fine, but I will tell him the right way to do it... get lost rookie!!!

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
Originally posted by vegashopper@Oct 17 2003, 11:22 AM
Please... do it right, don't add a bunch of weight to make your car 3 wheel. All it will do if you dump a bunch of weight into the spare tire well is buckle the body. First, start with a strong, reinforced frame and 10-12 batteries. For cylinders, go with at very least 12's. If your frame is wrapped, it should go right into 3 with no problems.
i agree with vegas. I don't care what anyone says. To me, when it comes to hydraulics, there is a RIGHT way and a ton of half ass ghetto ways. If you can't afford to do it the right way, then either save until you can do it the right way or just don't do it at all.

I don't care what anyone has to say, so don't come back with your comments and try to change my thinking---THERE IS A RIGHT WAY OF DOING THINGS AND 1000 WAYS OF DOING THE SHITTY THING :biggrin:

·
Registered
369 Posts
there is also the right way for the other guy,, and the other guy ,,, and the other guy... it is opinion... Lowriding was invinted by people that was just fuckin around.. Did they right a book?? No.. its all about how you want it dude. and if you dont see that well,,, your another victim..i wasnt trying to change your thinking i was simply telling you how it is.. Sorry for trying to help you dude.. ill never reply to your posts again..

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
I am simply stating to do shit the right way, loading lead or concrete in the trunk is ghetto as hell and it is THE WRONG way. Do it clean, do it nice, and do it the right way.

Doing it NICE, doing it CLEAN, doing it STRAIGHT= the RIGHT WAY,,,,,,,,,,,,,to me anyway :cool:

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
Originally posted by nissanminitrucker@Oct 17 2003, 08:50 AM
there is also the right way for the other guy,, and the other guy ,,, and the other guy... it is opinion... Lowriding was invinted by people that was just fuckin around.. Did they right a book?? No.. its all about how you want it dude. and if you dont see that well,,, your another victim..i wasnt trying to change your thinking i was simply telling you how it is.. Sorry for trying to help you dude.. ill never reply to your posts again..
yes, but when it comes to something that could destroy the car, i advise against it... I remember the days where we all did that and bent our frames, buckled quarters, and destroyed our rides.... now the technology and know-how is around to prevent that. I have experience to share, you obviously do not, so just learn from people with more experience.

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
Originally posted by vegashopper+Oct 17 2003, 11:53 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vegashopper @ Oct 17 2003, 11:53 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--nissanminitrucker@Oct 17 2003, 08:50 AM
there is also the right  way for the other guy,, and the other guy ,,, and the other guy... it is opinion... Lowriding was invinted by people that was just fuckin around.. Did they right a book?? No.. its all about how you want it dude. and if you dont see that well,,, your another victim..i wasnt trying to change your thinking i was simply telling you how it is..  Sorry for trying to help you dude.. ill never reply to your posts again..
yes, but when it comes to something that could destroy the car, i advise against it... I remember the days where we all did that and bent our frames, buckled quarters, and destroyed our rides.... now the technology and know-how is around to prevent that. I have experience to share, you obviously do not, so just learn from people with more experience.[/b][/quote]
:thumbsup: well put, well put

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
Originally posted by nissanminitrucker+Oct 17 2003, 08:59 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nissanminitrucker @ Oct 17 2003, 08:59 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--nissanminitrucker@Oct 17 2003, 09:19 AM
ever had lead weights made???
if you read this carefully... .I did not suggest adding weights..[/b][/quote]
ok then... why the hell would you ask about having weights made for... to weight down his dog???? obviously it is implied in your statement to have weight made and use them to help 3 wheel.

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
Originally posted by nissanminitrucker@Oct 17 2003, 09:08 AM
because i have seen it done before..
and I have done it before.... it destroyed my car. Like I said before, I have the experience that you so desperately want people to think that you do... give it up, not gonna happen.

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Originally posted by vegashopper@Oct 17 2003, 08:22 AM
Not everybody has that much dough................

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
Originally posted by steamboat+Oct 17 2003, 10:19 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (steamboat @ Oct 17 2003, 10:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--vegashopper@Oct 17 2003, 08:22 AM
Not everybody has that much dough................[/b][/quote]
Then wait until the money is there to do it right. It will cost you a hell of a lot more to replace a frame or whole car than to do it right the first time.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Vegas, id just like to add that your a Cool motha fucker.. and you know your shit..

But sometime's people just wont listen.. and you'll see him posting in 2 or 3 week's. talking about "I just buckled my rear quarter's, and it ruined my runny ass candy.. All because i didnt listen to VegasHopper when he was trying to warn me."

You did your part, and you get hella prop's from me.. But there is no way you'r gonna stop him from doing it Ghetto fabulous..

Now just sit back and wait for him to make that post..

BTW Dirty.. I've got everything i need in the garage four a two pump set up.. and i just got in contact with a welder who build's tractor's for a living. I should get it juiced up by him, cause if he can put Hydro's on a tractor, and they hold up to the pressure, he should be able to do it. And for free at that..

But im waiting untill i get the dough to send it to Hi calibur for a full frame wrap before Any hole's get cutt in my cutt...

DO SHIT THE RIGHT WAY, OR HIT THE HIGHWAY...

Last edited by Represent316 at Oct 18 2003, 09:54 PM

1 - 20 of 35 Posts