LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up everyone? I have a 95 deville and everytime I drive it I hear this clunking noise coming from front driverside,I can feel it in the pedal and the wheel.It happens when I hit bumps but even very very small ones. It doesnt do it when i'm turning to the right ,but if i'm going str8 or turning to the left I hear it all the time.I need some help because this is my only car and I have to drive it daily but I dont want to seriously fuck something up.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by originales@Dec 7 2003, 09:31 AM
is one of your cv boots ripped, if so you might need a new cv axle.
Not sure if its ripped any way to tell,and if so how expensive is a new cv axle?

·
Registered
6,221 Posts
turn your wheels all the way to one side crawl under the car and look where the cv axle meets the wheel hub, you will see a funnel shaped ribbed boot look to see if its thrown grease all over the place or if its torn,, around here you can get them changed for 2-300 bucks,, not sure if thats your problem or not, just an idea.... peace..

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by originales@Dec 7 2003, 10:09 AM
turn your wheels all the way to one side crawl under the car and look where the cv axle meets the wheel hub, you will see a funnel shaped ribbed boot look to see if its thrown grease all over the place or if its torn,, around here you can get them changed for 2-300 bucks,, not sure if thats your problem or not, just an idea.... peace..
thanks homie

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
You can use a universal CV boot and do it yourself for like $30. It comes with clamps and grease. If you can't use a universal boot, your going to have to take off the whole assembly (rim, caliper, rotor, hub, etc.).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts