LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
it could be that you blew the diaphram out on your valve (how much pressure you runnin?) or you could have wires touching and the fill and dump valve are opening at the same time. gotta troubleshoot it somehow

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wouldn't know how much psi umm running but forsure not not putting stress on the valves I'm running 1/2 valves 3/8 lines, could be on wires touching but would they be on the switch box or directly on the valves? Now of the up was stuck open wouldn't that blow the bag???? Just saying

·
Registered
527 Posts
wouldnt blow the bag unless there was very very very high psi in the bag. if you have 200 psi in your tank. and you press the switch you lose psi and can only be equal to the psi thats left in the tank....

even if you have a huge tank and bad mofo compressors you can only build as much as your pressure switch or regulator allows.

·
Registered
12,557 Posts
I got a 04 f150 and one of the rear bags is locked up but when I dump it dumps air out of the tanks, and none from the bag... anyone know what it could be?? :confused:
your just going to have check under the truck.Can't be that hard to find out whats wrong?It can only be the hose or valve?Good luck,and let us know what happen.

·
Registered
11,655 Posts
riddle me this

all the way up "high pressure" leak low pressure no leak
on yours?
Soap an water.try that 1st

On my old set up (teflon tape,never again btw) i had a small leak.But only at hight pressure 200 psi or so.But at about 120 or below it was nothing.My guess was that it didn't get enough teflon in one spot while i was wrapping the treads.Becasue all teflon does is act like a filler between the two pieces of thread fitting.Or it could have been over tightened also might do that

·
Registered
23 Posts
riddle me this

well the higher the pressure the more the air is gonna want out, thus causing a leak.
the lower the pressure the less it wants to leak.
ex. tires, if you got a pinhole in a tire if you got a couple of lbs of air in it and spray soapy water you will see the leak, if you put an air gauge and you dont have no psi but yet theres still air in the tire and you spray it with soapy water it wont bubble up if it does at all it will be very slight.

·
i dont feel tardy
20,934 Posts
riddle me this

well the higher the pressure the more the air is gonna want out, thus causing a leak.
the lower the pressure the less it wants to leak.
ex. tires, if you got a pinhole in a tire if you got a couple of lbs of air in it and spray soapy water you will see the leak, if you put an air gauge and you dont have no psi but yet theres still air in the tire and you spray it with soapy water it wont bubble up if it does at all it will be very slight.

the more it would leak at higher pressure there is NO leak when the bags are half way only when they are half way or better ive been under it with soapy water several times now

1 - 12 of 12 Posts