LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

61 - 80 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
11,597 Posts
Originally posted by chongo1@Feb 11 2010, 08:50 PM~16586540
don't weld on galvanized pipe without respirator, the fumes will destroy yo lungs.
fucking zink! heavy metal poisoning is awefull.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
actually brake and parts cleaner itself is poisonous. I only use the non-chlorinated cans anymore. still not great to breathe but much less harmful :thumbsup:

·
tippin' on 3
5,078 Posts
damn... I love brake clean too.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Scary shit! I use brake cleaner all the time at work to clean up steel. No more of that, better safe than sorry...good info.

·
In Due Time!!!!
16,261 Posts
Glad this got brought TTT again, maybe the mods can make this a sticky?????

·
Registered
172 Posts
Sticky for sure! I use brake cleen on cars all day at work. I work at a transmission shop and thats all we use cause it doesnt leave a residue after it dries. We use it to clean parts for assembly, Undersides of cars, and prep for welding. But fuck that shit.

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
not sure if it was mentioned, but I am thinking if the same can happen if you spill any on a hot exhaust

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
i use brake cleaner by the cases,... and still will.20 yrs no accidents...user error?? just saaayiiing

·
Registered
47,193 Posts
I dont think its using brake cleaner thats the problem. Its brake cleaner plus welding that creates the problem. The problem is ignorance. I mean really, you think fiberglass dust finds its way out of your lungs? No. You think your vision will magically come back after 20yrs of welding. No. Part of life. Chose your ride wisely cuz you only get 1 ticket!

61 - 80 of 107 Posts