LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to get my ride back on the road and was doing an inspection of the hydros etc,.

I noticed that the guy who installed the setup in my car welded the donut to the coil in the rear...which made the coil weak and caused it to crack in half.

What is the proper way to do the rear so the springs don't go shooting out?

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
coil over & deep cups..

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by EL_PASO@Sep 15 2006, 08:12 PM~6183649
are the bottom cups tall like this or short?

shorter than that I think. I don't have my pictures on this comp otherwise I'd post its rusty ass up

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Originally posted by kannabis@Sep 15 2006, 06:55 PM~6183551
I'm trying to get my ride back on the road and was doing an inspection of the hydros etc,.

I noticed that the guy who installed the setup in my car welded the donut to the coil in the rear...which made the coil weak and caused it to crack in half.

What is the proper way to do the rear so the springs don't go shooting out?

My first setup was done the same way.. had a coil over, but welded the donut to the bottom of the spring. The donut rested against the cyl. collar. Worked fine for a while but then the donut started to bend until the weld broke. Then your spring is all over the place, but wont fall out because the cyl. is in the middle. Still a mess... Like i said, coilover and deep cups will allow you to run more coil and seat the spring agaist the cup better.. That is your best bet... ;)

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here's what I got going on....

This is how I was riding around for who knows how long. Now I know why that squeaking wasn't going away

Now I can't really tell much more in person than from these pics of those are deep cups. Later this week I'll be riping the shit apart to see what's doin

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
wow

the welded donut is should not be your only concern. please get some money together and buy some new equipment.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
yeah....what he said. it's an x frame, probably an impala..damn clean that shit up a lil bit man, sand paper and a rattle can would help the looks by far.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
you are looking at the ass end of a 64 Impala

I got new cylinders already and the coils I'm using 2 ton pre-cuts, what I used to have in the front. Those coils are what they put in the back when I was getting my setup installed. As far as I know, those things have been in the car since it was new.

Last October, what you are looking at was nice and shiny....2 hurricanes, 14 months and 90% humidity did the rest.

The front end looked pretty much the same until a few weeks ago when I started to rebuild it.

I'm still trying to source some cylinders for the front.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by caliswangin916@Sep 18 2006, 03:58 PM~6198305
wow

the welded donut is should not be your only concern. please get some money together and buy some new equipment.
My personal favorite was the 1/4" of metal missing out of the side of the cylinder.

I know CCE is shit...but those fuckers held up pretty good wouldn't you say? not a drop of oil leaks out of it either.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by Swangin63WhilePoppinTrunk@Sep 18 2006, 03:59 PM~6198319
yeah....what he said. it's an x frame, probably an impala..damn clean that shit up a lil bit man, sand paper and a rattle can would help the looks by far.

Ok just so everyone understands.....

THIS IS NOT HOW I WAS ROLLING AROUND

This is what happened to my car after it pissed me off and I basically abandoned her before last year's hurricanes beat the shit out of it.

I am now in the process of rebuilding this bitch.

I was curious as to why someone would weld the donut to the spring. and then I noticed all the other shit that was fucked up in there.

It's all getting fixed

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by slammedtoys@Sep 18 2006, 04:12 PM~6198374
try using Krispy Kream donuts next time. I hear they are popular and famous amongst most
Try taking a few seconds more of preparation before you spew some dumb shit out of your mouth next time....then maybe it will be funny

thanks for coming out

1 - 20 of 25 Posts