LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can i weld with a proper helmet , if I have contact lenses in? Some guy told me that even with the helmet the lenses could melt to your eyes. This may be stupid, but Id rather be safe than sorry.

·
Registered
97 Posts
It will never happen
I know many guys and girls weld everyday with contacts
smack him in the head :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by dreday@Sep 18 2005, 09:23 AM~3836727
Never heard of that one. I believe he was fuckin with you, or hes a dumbass one...
You are pretty sure right? I thought it sounds off but I would hate to prove him right.

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Originally posted by Ulysses 2@Sep 18 2005, 09:27 AM~3836736
You are pretty sure right? I thought it sounds off but I would hate to prove him right.
Yeah. I have plenty of buddies that wear contacts and weld all the time. Its a crock of shit.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Just make sure you have the right helmet lens for what you are welding.

Stick weld
Mig Weld
Tig Weld
Torch Weld

They all have different types for tint shelding for your eyes, and NO YOUR CONTACTS ARE NOT GOING TO WELD ON TO YOUR EYES. I think the eye doctor would have to inform you if there was such a risk!!!

Now if you dont were a helmet then I dont know what would happen but, you would be the dumb`est fuck in the land.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I also weld everyday wearing contacts and never had a problem, you'll be fine. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
318 Posts
I am cerfited welder. Been welding for years with contacts. Had no problems.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by dreday@Sep 18 2005, 02:15 PM~3837990
Theres your answer homeboy.
Yeah there it is :)

·
Registered
640 Posts
Originally posted by Ulysses 2@Sep 18 2005, 07:27 AM~3836736

I don't know... I was welding this weekend with my glasses on and my eyes got pretty hot!!! :eek:

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
guy was trying to fuck with you i hope because if he was serious about it hes a goddamn fool

·
Premium Member
34,391 Posts
there's one for mythbusters... :biggrin:

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
you guys are bullshitting him....

i welded last weekend with contacts and a helmet, and now, my eyes are molded shut, and i cant see... i will be blind for the rest of my life... :(

:confused: :dunno:

·
Premium Member
11,540 Posts
Welding with contacts won't hurt (i've done it for years, hell since highschool back in 95/96)

But there is a concern that gases get trapped under the contacts easier and traps vapors to your eyes. I've always heard that, but I've personally never had a problem welding and I only wear contacts. --I'm not a professional welder either.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts