LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some homie on here was saying he done it before, i guess it would work fine, for clowning around , whats your input . :cool:

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
I've seen a couple of cars with the rear coil over welded on the top cup and cars on this site too, why is it bad

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
hoppers and some dancers use to do it like that before... i have one 2 1/2 shorty like that in my backyard... LOL shit, I don't see why you'll get clowned... I would clown a fool with chains on his front scared about breaking a ball joint while hopping, that, I would clown at... other than that, shit weld it, its your car.

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
simply stated... welding to a coil spring weakens it... come on Nacho, you of all people should know this... ;)

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
Originally posted by vegashopper@Dec 15 2003, 05:02 PM
simply stated... welding to a coil spring weakens it... come on Nacho, you of all people should know this... ;)
i know but if the guy wants to weld it... let him weld it LOL

·
Registered
25,987 Posts
Also, some clown on here argued with me once about this. He tried too tell me how good it is too weld the top and bottom of the coil :roflmao:

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Originally posted by vegashopper@Dec 15 2003, 06:02 PM
I understand that when high heat applied to coils weakens them but why is it bad, I've seen many cars by reputable people and shops do it. Is it better just to the let coils rest in the axle and hear the CLACK CLACK as the bounce around when your cars locked up

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
why would it bang around? isnt the coil held in place by the weight of the car like it normally comes from stock?

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Originally posted by theoglean@Dec 15 2003, 09:02 PM
why would it bang around? isnt the coil held in place by the weight of the car like it normally comes from stock?
What if your cylinders open longer than the height of your coils

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
Originally posted by junglejorge+Dec 15 2003, 08:21 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (junglejorge @ Dec 15 2003, 08:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--theoglean@Dec 15 2003, 09:02 PM
why would it bang around? isnt the coil held in place by the  weight of the car like it normally comes from stock?
What if your cylinders open longer than the height of your coils[/b][/quote]
please tell me you DID NOT just ask this question... :twak: :twak:

what does the cylinders opening have to do with welding the coil to the cup???

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Originally posted by vegashopper+Dec 15 2003, 09:26 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vegashopper @ Dec 15 2003, 09:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 15 2003, 08:21 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--theoglean
@Dec 15 2003, 09:02 PM
why would it bang around? isnt the coil held in place by the  weight of the car like it normally comes from stock?

What if your cylinders open longer than the height of your coils
please tell me you DID NOT just ask this question... :twak: :twak:

what does the cylinders opening have to do with welding the coil to the cup???[/b][/quote]
Because of the question above, I'm not an expert like you.If I have a stack of coils that are 20" in heighth but I have Torpedos or Big Daddy's and fully open them the coils will rest on the axle and bounce around? Just a question dude I don't know this shit but you do

Last edited by junglejorge at Dec 15 2003, 10:03 PM

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
i think it would be ok to weld your cup to the springs especially in the rear for dancers cause i seen a couple of dancers springs fall out in the back all the damm time and it messes there dance and they dont make the 90 seconds and all they got is only there front hop not no pancake,side to side, or see-saw LATE

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
i would get tired of buying deep cups and springs all the damn time,
why waste 50-60 dollaz on cups you could've saved,or up to $150
dollaz on springs,when you just wanted to cut another turn off to lower it.i dont have money to waste like most of you.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Originally posted by 84cutt@Dec 15 2003, 10:00 PM
i think it would be ok to weld your cup to the springs especially in the rear for dancers cause i seen a couple of dancers springs fall out in the back all the damm time and it messes there dance and they dont make the 90 seconds and all they got is only there front hop not no pancake,side to side, or see-saw LATE
I was talking about only the rear, I've seen alot of reputable shops and people do it. I was just asking to see what the pros and cons are, I'm going to be building my car soon thats why.

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
when i first juiced my lincoln i did coil under in the rear and was trying to devise some ways to keep from throwing a spring if i 3 wheeled it...someone gave the idea of welding some metal pipe onto the cup going down into the spring...i never tried it out because not long after i installed it i was switching it to coilover and getting a 3rd pump :biggrin:
maybe this would be an option for you to try out and btw i dont think a weld would hold for very long

1 - 20 of 39 Posts