LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wsup homies Im trying 2 sign up for some courses on welding that start on Monday, I just found out theh community college offers them :biggrin: . But they had a lot of different type of courses? The only ones I could take that dont have a prerequisit are Welding I: Oxyacetylene and Arc Welding. Which one would u guys recommend? I want to learn welding to do my frame and other types of work, but mostly to do my frame. Which one should I take? remember I dont know SHYT about welding.

·
Premium Member
49,409 Posts
Originally posted by g-body@Aug 20 2005, 05:35 PM~3663078
thanks homie, wat does Oxyacetylene mean?
Like brazing with a torch...

Take the Arc Welding course

·
Registered
7,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh ok, so i wouldnt really need that course then, i think ill go with the arc welding? any more opinions?

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Originally posted by g-body@Aug 20 2005, 05:55 PM~3663114
oh ok, so i wouldnt really need that course then, i think ill go with the arc welding? any more opinions?

if you can oxy\act weld you will be able to weld any style, this is one the hardest to master

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Originally posted by g-body@Aug 20 2005, 11:04 PM~3664055
Could I reinforce a frame by oxy\act welding?
wouldnt recomened it, either arc or mig, mig is a lot cleaner then arc you dont need to clean up all that slag ;)

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Take all the courses they offer. youll really learn alot more.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
yeah but learning oxy acetelyne cutting is an important ass thing to know how to do, if u ever need to cut the holes 4 ur cylinders to go, oxy and plasma cutting are the best ways to go, but like nastyredz said, take as many corses as possible

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
Originally posted by low4life86@Aug 21 2005, 11:33 AM~3665165
yeah but learning oxy acetelyne cutting is an important ass thing to know how to do, if u ever need to cut the holes 4 ur cylinders to go, oxy and plasma cutting are the best ways to go, but like nastyredz said, take as many corses as possible
i would rather hit the holes with a hole saw....alot cleaner

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Originally posted by BigLinc@Aug 21 2005, 09:18 PM~3667854
the only way ill do it
i geuss im just a lazy basatard...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts