LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
15 years strong
7,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
were would I start to make a hopper i have the model dose any one have a digram or instructions on were to start what i need can someone help me out??? :uh: :uh:

·
Registered
8 Posts
A good start would be to go through and read all the threads in "bikes and models" thats all i did..... there is heaps of info if you are willing to look :cool:

·
LAC RIDAH
12,407 Posts
I'd start by going to our local hobby shop and getting a set of all gold Pegusus rims (don't buy Hoppin Hydros wheels unless you get em without the tires, their tires are a waste of money, the whitewalls scratch off!) and get one of their hopper chassis that's pre soldered and everything so you can see how it works and get a hang of hopping before you try to build one from the ground up.. And use one of their rechargable batteries or a 9.6 volt Radio Shack rechargable because even though they're alittle costly they are very well worth the money and will give your car the best performance possible.. Thier volts and amperage are designed for stuff liek what you're doing so trust me it'll work the best. And then after a while having one of the hopper chassis that Hoppin Hydros has to offer (I suggest the "Super Hopper Chassis", guranteed to flip shit! :biggrin: ) You'll be able to install motors onto your own made chassis and experiment with a few things and then you'll be able to show me a thing or two! :biggrin: Good Luck Buddy! ;)

·
Registered
956 Posts
Originally posted by 1ofaknd@Aug 16 2003, 06:43 PM
i made the mistake of puttin' a 9.6 on my first HH super hopper. Yea it flipped it with ease but it wasn't worth burnin up the motors. now it just sits at the top of the closet. 30 bucks burnt to a crisp
i put it to a 12 volt and fucked caught fire. those joker 64 model..... what a waste

·
LAC RIDAH
12,407 Posts
Yeah they usually just smoke man! I just ran4 motors on my expedition dancer on 9.6 volts fully charged and boy did I Screw things up.. Smoked 3 motrs and burnt a switch... Hurried up and went back to 6 volts.. But if somebody runs their mouth and wants some I'll straight up put it back to 9.6 volts with a quickness... That thang got up! ;)

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
so for the first hopper use a 6 right?

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
so for the first hopper use a 6 right?

·
Registered
12,528 Posts
Originally posted by 96 impala girl@Aug 17 2003, 10:00 PM
i wanna learn how to build hoppers, but what should i start off with first..like buyin one of those premade hoppers? i almost bought one friday at hobby lobby....that 61 impala one :0
dont buy those crappy toy ones..if anything..buy a hh chassis...then go from there..there really simple to make..

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Originally posted by JokerManN808+Aug 17 2003, 11:02 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JokerManN808 @ Aug 17 2003, 11:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--96 impala girl@Aug 17 2003, 10:00 PM
i wanna learn how to build hoppers, but what should i start off with first..like buyin one of those premade hoppers?  i almost bought one friday at hobby lobby....that 61 impala one :0
dont buy those crappy toy ones..if anything..buy a hh chassis...then go from there..there really simple to make..[/b][/quote]
i knew there was a reason why i didnt buy one :)

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
impala girl,buy a HH super hopper chassis thats what the others recommend so that is what Im sticking to an impala body or chevelle or grand national,nomad or something like that and get the rims of course and a battery I think 6 volt :cool:

·
LAC RIDAH
12,407 Posts
Originally posted by 66pontiac@Aug 18 2003, 07:14 AM
impala girl,buy a HH super hopper chassis thats what the others recommend so that is what Im sticking to an impala body or chevelle or grand national,nomad or something like that and get the rims of course and a battery I think 6 volt :cool:
If I was you I'd take 7 buck and run 2 lattern Batteries in a series.. Cheap and works very well for one's first hopper! ;)

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
Originally posted by 96 impala girl@Aug 17 2003, 09:21 PM
now i think i know what im gonna do with the grand national :0
:0 :0 :0 :0 :0

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
Originally posted by Lowridingmike+Aug 17 2003, 09:20 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lowridingmike @ Aug 17 2003, 09:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--66pontiac@Aug 18 2003, 07:14 AM
If I was you I'd take 7 buck and run 2 lattern Batteries in a series.. Cheap and works very well for one's first hopper! ;)[/b][/quote]
lattern battery?what is that?lol

Last edited by 66pontiac at Aug 17 2003, 09:48 PM

1 - 20 of 45 Posts