LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the good things about running one?

Bad Things?

is it better to peice one together?

if you did peice it together what all would you need for it?

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Originally posted by trefive@Jan 19 2009, 03:11 PM~12750073
Bad for trying to fill up both corners while in a big side (all the oil moves to one end of the pump).
ive thever had that happen in my set up before! you must have done something wrong. lol

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Originally posted by trefive@Jan 19 2009, 03:29 PM~12750237
Maybe you just aren't hitting sides as big as me?  LOL
you can only throw a side and high as your front end goes up. any higher you end up three wheeling. lol

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Originally posted by trefive@Jan 19 2009, 02:29 PM~12750237
Maybe you just aren't hitting sides as big as me?  LOL
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Originally posted by caprice75classic@Jan 19 2009, 02:30 PM~12750251
you can only throw a side and high as your front end goes up. any higher you end up three wheeling. lol
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
well fill your tanks to the top,and get some filter tubes...

the bad is when you want to change one seal, you have twice the weight, oil,plumbing and wiring to deal with.

the good is, they are a little more rare, so its neat having somthing that looks different than every other trunk out there

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
if i wanted to peice one together what would i need? Tank, Blocks, Motors,,,,, anything else?

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
Originally posted by jumper@Jan 19 2009, 07:14 PM~12751086
if i wanted to peice one together what would i need? Tank, Blocks, Motors,,,,, anything else?

check out my lincoln build, I did a whammy set up and have alot of pics :biggrin:

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
if u want to piece one together you need exactly what youd get with a 2 pump setup..the only difference is youre not gonna use the 2 individual tanks...theres different way to plumbing them as well..u can plumb them to return back into the block...or u can have it return the fluid back thru the top of ur tank....

the biggest draw back to doing a whammy is if u have to rebuild a pumphead or do any kind of work to 1 pump, you have to disassemble both in order to remove the pumps out...however u can solve much of that problem by using swivel fittings coming out of the blocks...that way u can just loosen the swivel and it will allow u to remove just the pumps and leave all the fittings and dumps in place in the trunk..so when u go to reassemble you just tighten the swivel back up...which is also nice becuz u dont have re-bleed ur front hose lines since u disconnected the pump behind the check valve and not infront of them

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOMS@Jan 19 2009, 09:38 PM~12752455
if u want to piece one together you need exactly what youd get with a 2 pump setup..the only difference is youre not gonna use the 2 individual tanks...theres different way to plumbing them as well..u can plumb them to return back into the block...or u can have it return the fluid back thru the top of ur tank....

the biggest draw back to doing a whammy is if u have to rebuild a pumphead or do any kind of work to 1 pump,  you have to disassemble both in order to remove the pumps out...however u can solve much of that problem by using swivel fittings coming out of the blocks...that way u can just loosen the swivel and it will allow u to remove just the pumps and leave all the fittings and dumps in place in the trunk..so when u go to reassemble you just tighten the swivel back up...which is also nice becuz u dont have re-bleed ur front hose lines since u disconnected the pump behind the check valve and not infront of them
what about when you conect it back up. you would have a small air bubble. do you just work the pump and dump a few times to get rid of it, or does it not effect anything.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
same diameter as a tank and 17" long i belive. im about 99% sure

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOMS@Jan 19 2009, 07:38 PM~12752455

the biggest draw back to doing a whammy is if u have to rebuild a pumphead or do any kind of work to 1 pump,  you have to disassemble both in order to remove the pumps out...however u can solve much of that problem by using swivel fittings coming out of the blocks...that way u can just loosen the swivel and it will allow u to remove just the pumps and leave all the fittings and dumps in place in the trunk..so when u go to reassemble you just tighten the swivel back up...which is also nice becuz u dont have re-bleed ur front hose lines since u disconnected the pump behind the check valve and not infront of them

so i would need: The Whammy Tank, Two Blocks, and Two Motors, and Four Dumps?

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
:yes:

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Originally posted by JuicedBenz@Jan 20 2009, 01:55 PM~12760038
Newest whammies are 14" long.
has that become the standard?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts