LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of you know I am new to lowrider bikes (about 2 months now...), but I'm really feeling the shit. I got a chrome bike and I putting together a more custom joint slowly peice by peice extra money I have to buy parts. My question is what is so good about being in club...cause I think I wanna join what, but I'm not quite sure why, ya know? Not to mention I don't have much to offer a club cause I don't have a hot bike yet and I don't know how to do any custom work myself to offer other club members. Do you guys ride your bikes like 30 deep like a gang or something? Do you pay dues? Do you fight with other lowrider bike clubs? Please break it down for a brother...

·
Registered
39,440 Posts
ok most club u do pay dues,no u do not fight with other club we are all in this shit to do the same thang show bikes,but it is nice to be in a club cause you roll with people taht have the same love for lowriding as u do

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well how often do you meet with your bike club? I just wanted folks to start naming stuff that you do in your bike club

·
Registered
32,253 Posts
Originally posted by Sarcastik@Sep 15 2005, 06:53 AM~3817750
As many of you know I am new to lowrider bikes (about 2 months now...), but I'm really feeling the shit. I got a chrome bike and I putting together a more custom joint slowly peice by peice extra money I have to buy parts. My question is what is so good about being in club...cause I think I wanna join what, but I'm not quite sure why, ya know? Not to mention I don't have much to offer a club cause I don't have a hot bike yet and I don't know how to do any custom work myself to offer other club members. Do you guys ride your bikes like 30 deep like a gang or something? Do you pay dues? Do you fight with other lowrider bike clubs? Please break it down for a brother...
Yo man take that shit talk somewhere else. We don't gangbang and we don't fight other clubs. Lowriding ain't about who can kick who's ass and shoot up the most homes. Its about unity and people doing what they love to show pride in something they have built.

Now back to your club question. Yes most clubs have dues. For example FK has monthly dues, you have to buy your jersey, plaque, and banner. You have to give 100% at shows and rep the club to the fullest otherwise you ain't a true member and you ain't down with the club.

You gotta be ready to show your bike and add on to it little by little to make it a top winner in its class whether that be Original or Radical you just gotta do what it takes to go out there, rep the club, and do your best.

The +s of being in a club are:

You got other members to help you out. Most clubs have members that can build parts and can get hook ups through car clubs for paint or plating to help the lil homies out in the bike clubs.

Some clubs even strike up a deal with painters or platers that if they can show good grades they'll get cut a deal on the cost. Ya know, I mean there are some clubs out there that are willing to help their members out in any way they can.

Doing it on your own you'll struggle a lot with no one to help you out.

That in mind FK is always recruiting members that are willing to give it their all in whatever they can ya know? I mean look at wickedDragon. He can hook you up with parts and all, we got hook ups for plating , paint, etc.

So be cool homie and roll on.
:cool:

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
plus side, you got a club to back you up. negative things, regardless if you like something or not, its put up to a vote to see if the club wants it or not. Majority rules.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What is your idea shit talk homie? Just cause I ask a question doesn't mean I'm talking shit. Plus there's nothin wrong with riding your bikes 30 deep. If clubs don't do it they should. Anyway, If someone wants me to be in their club definitly get at me. Here's a pic of my current daily rider and I got another custom one on the works. Let me tell you in advance that my customization skillz are zero, but I do do web and graphic design so I could help out in that way. I'm in the bay area and I'm 24 so you're a group of 14 year olds I'm probably not ya man...get at me though

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here are my bikes, I purchased them all off of craigslist for really good deals I think.

Chrome bike I paid $100 even for wit hella parts everything in bomb condition
[attachmentid=277190]

Black bondoed frame frame I paid $115 for...
[attachmentid=277193]

Parts bike is decent condition that had been sitting in someones garage for a couple years. Its in respectable shape, but I still want to clean it up some more and polish the chrome. This cost me $40 bucks.
[attachmentid=277194]

Attachments

·
Registered
709 Posts
the plus side of being in a club is u are surronded by people who love lowriding just as much as u do, and like they said before your members should be able to help you out. i help out my sons club we meet at least twice a month. we have what we call work days when everyone in the club who is working on a bike brings there bike to my house and i do welding and my homie does painting and bondo it's a lot of fun being in a club.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's real talk homie. I'm on the turf slangin coke like a soda machine so wants paper gets a quarter inch thick imma get at you fa'shiz...

·
Banned
12,115 Posts
Originally posted by Sarcastik@Sep 14 2005, 10:05 PM~3818178
That's real talk homie. I'm on the turf slangin coke like a soda machine so wants paper gets a quarter inch thick imma get at you fa'shiz...
:ugh:

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Originally posted by Sarcastik@Sep 15 2005, 12:36 AM~3817986
Here are my bikes, I purchased them all off of craigslist for really good deals I think.

Chrome bike I paid $100 even for wit hella parts everything in bomb condition
[attachmentid=277190]

Black bondoed frame frame I paid $115 for...
[attachmentid=277193]

Parts bike is decent condition that had been sitting in someones garage for a couple years. Its in respectable shape, but I still want to clean it up some more and polish the chrome. This cost me $40 bucks.
[attachmentid=277194]

you said hella... you deserve to die

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Originally posted by just lowriding@Sep 15 2005, 04:20 AM~3819092
:ugh:

i second that..... 1 it seems your into lowriders cause it make you gangster ... 2 anyone can sell coke (my ex girlfriend did it) ... 2 if you sold that much you should afford more than a $100 bike 3 you use words like "hella" and "shiz" and whats sad is you use them seriously ..... my suggestion is ... be real ... be true to yourself ccaus obviously we have you figured out

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by LOWexpectations232@Sep 15 2005, 05:55 AM~3819479
you said hella... you deserve to die
If you have a problem with the word "hella" then you don't have a problem with me, you have a problem with the bay area (and I can only assume you've never been...) because if you had been then you'd be well aware that the term "hella" is common to the area. What part of Jersey are you from though? Imma be up in Newark in November for my man's wedding so if you'd like we can meet up and you tell me how you feel about my use of the word "hella" in person cause it sounds like you got a lot to get off your chest.

Originally posted by LOWexpectations232@Sep 15 2005, 06:03 AM~3819486
i second that..... 1 it seems your into lowriders cause it make you gangster ... 2 anyone can sell coke (my ex girlfriend did it) ... 2 if you sold that much you should afford more than a $100 bike 3 you use words like "hella" and "shiz" and whats sad is you use them seriously ..... my suggestion is ... be real ... be true to yourself ccaus obviously we have you figured out
1. At what point did you think it was ok to "2nd" a facial expression??? (You haven't the slightest idea what he actually meant by that...its just a face with eyes looking left and right...) I am into lowrider bikes cause I am into customizing and I think its cool to be able to customize a bike for a lot less than I had been dumping into my car all the time)
2. I'm glad your girl sells coke (I bet she's REAL attractive :uh: ), but I don't. I rap and produce (you can see the edge of my Roland Fantom keyboard in my pic) so I write like that sometimes I got a lot of lyrics floating around in my head.
3. Once again you've never been to the bay (you, know...where those words orginated?) So I suggest you don't come out here otherwise you gonna be forced to accuse everyone in the city of "not being true to themself", but in reality you have know clue who they are...you're just a 15 year old kid runnin his mouth...

1 - 20 of 93 Posts