LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think i have the general idea how hydro works. there are batteries that run pumps, and pumps that pump hydro fluid to cylinders on the suspention to bounce the rider.

but what are these cylinders connected to to allow the rider to bounce?

thanks!

cadillac_rider

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
i think he means where
like on the rear the cylinders are mounted on the rear end and they push up the whole frame and body of the car off the rear end. you culd get into more detail then this thats pretty general

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
They are connected to......... THE TECH SECTION OF THIS SITE! :)

Check it out, you'll be able to get a better understanding of how everything works...

CHEERS!

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
READ!!!!!!

OK, now I know that you gotta crawl before you walk, but I'll give you some real GOOD advise..
first, then answer your question..

Read as many posts as you can, even if it takes you a month.. at the same time study the tech section in this forum, click around A LOT before making posts..

NOW this is in BASIC for all u haters .. lol...

the pump (in general) is connected to a check valve, once the fluid passes the check valve it cannot come back into the pump, after the check valve then leads to your cylinder(s) . so once the fluid is past the check valve it can only go to your cylinders right?
so this is what makes the car go up...
now the only way of letting the car down is with DUMPS that release the fluid back into your pump... the hopping part is somthing that happens when you quickly press and release fluid to and from your cylinders working in rhythem with hopping springs from NACHO OSC

shit, I wrote a book and I can't even describe this well... :uh: :uh:
buy the book THE SCIENCE OF HYDRAULIC SUSPENSION this x-mas, it has a ton of pictures and labeled diagrams that will answer all your questions... then come on here and post away with your new set-up....

I really hope that helped, I'm lost for words...

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Like everoyne kept saying to me when i asked questions similar to these they TOLD ME GET THE HYDROS AND THE CARS AND THEN COME BACK!!!!!!! TAKE THAT ADIVE BUDDY OR EVEROYNE WILL START TO BUG!!!!!!!!!!

WELL MY TIME IS ALMOST HERE!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts