LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to ask because I just changed seals from three pumpheads and me and my cousin dont want to blow them anymore. If anyone has any replys please post them cause it was a pain in the ass fixing those pumpheads ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Overlocking means to hit the switch again after the car is fully lifted, it increases the pressure and causes seals to blow.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Overlocking is indeed a common cause. Lots of hopping can be hard on em too. You also should make sure your pumpheads are torqued down properly as well. I would reccomend getting a set of SRS Protector valves, they will prevent you from breaking tons of shit, and prolong all of your seals life. See em in this thread:

http://www.layitlow.com/forums/index.php?a...1ddc040f321b512

J

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Cadillac Bob@Oct 1 2003, 05:06 PM
Overlocking is indeed a common cause. Lots of hopping can be hard on em too. You also should make sure your pumpheads are torqued down properly as well. I would reccomend getting a set of SRS Protector valves, they will prevent you from breaking tons of shit, and prolong all of your seals life. See em in this thread:

yea :cool:

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
If you need some valves or would like me to explain how hey work you can call me George Owner of SRS Hydraulics manufacturer of the "PROTECTOR" valves at 517-394-3895 or pm me. Showtime also has them available on there site.

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
how do you know if your seals are blowen, does it leak out or does your pump lose power? or just it just stop working????

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
Originally posted by HiLow@Oct 1 2003, 10:43 PM
how do you know if your seals are blowen, does it leak out or does your pump lose power? or just it just stop working????
pumphead makes less pressure, and it takes longer to lift ride, and wont work as fast ;)

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
hm i might have a blown seal in one of my pumps, my rear pump seems a bit slower than the front...

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
Originally posted by HiLow@Oct 1 2003, 11:10 PM
hm i might have a blown seal in one of my pumps, my rear pump seems a bit slower than the front...
yeah probably, and sometimes will leak oil into motor :0

·
Registered
407 Posts
Originally posted by Cadillac Bob@Oct 1 2003, 04:06 PM

how much should a pumphead be torqued :0

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Originally posted by caprice man+Oct 3 2003, 10:13 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (caprice man @ Oct 3 2003, 10:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Cadillac Bob@Oct 1 2003, 04:06 PM

how much should a pumphead be torqued :0[/b][/quote]
I read once that 25-28 foot pounds was reccomended, and thats where I always set mine to afterwards. I had problems with shredding o-rings before I did that, and afterwards they held up much better. No idea if thats the ideal specs, but it seems to work well for me and doesnt seem to overstress the threads in my aluminum block.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts