LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Candies, flakes & pearls!
Joined
·
15,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to car shows has become so routine that they seem boring sometimes. Same'ol everything 90% of the time. From the cars to the music, to the girls and even the damn live performances by the same artists.

Sure, I look forward to being with the homies and chillin' but if we're (I mean everyone who lowrides) gonna be doing this for YEARS we should make these shows a lot more entertaining for us because we're the ones that consistently make this a part of our life. It just becomes too routine which equals=boring. I'm not talking about the public crowds who attend, I'm solely speaking about the exhibitors and how we feel.

My ideas:

1.) I think different types of music like Classic rock, oldschool rap and Soul songs should be played more by DJ's and live cover bands. Put DJ's on both side of the show..no quiet spots anywhere on the show grounds. I'm kinda tires of hearing the same'ol music all the time. Dance floors are cool too.

2.) Different types of BBQ. If I eat anymore Carne Asada I'm gonna puke. Get some ribs and mac & cheese in there. Let's get some cotton candy and Snow Cone machines for the kids too.

3.) Women get in free before a certain time. Women spend more money then men anyways inside the show, so the promoters will make money anyway. We need more women at these shows...we need to entice them and give them something to do too because all of them don't care about the cars. Let's have a class for the womens cars too or something. I like the idea of a booty poppin' contest too. Females like to do that so let'em do it for us. Lowriding is liberal, if you're conservative...Kick Rocks!!!

This thread is mainly directed toward the Southwest regions where cars show happen regularly.

Whats your ideas?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,214 Posts
Car shows should only be once in a while. (1-2 times a year IMO) You go to more than one show and it's all the same cars anyways. Gets old like you said.

We (lowriders) need to stop all the chromed undercarriage stuff and bring the rides back to the boulevard like in the old days. Or man up and drive the car anyways, I remember when Little Louie would drive his 65 (Innervisions) back in the day fully chromed underneath.

The cars shows were cool, but my best memories were when we would all cruise the boulevard single file with the IMPERIALS plaque shining in the back window. :biggrin:

Along with all the other clubs like Group, Lifestyle, Together, Artisitics, Dukes, and whoever else I may have forgotten, it was like a car show on the streets anyways. The brotherhood between the clubs was better back then too. I had a bunch of friends from other clubs and that was cool.

I realize these are different times, but long live the old days when we would cruise our rides with the music bumping with all the different club plaques out in the street together. It was a sight to see!

Sorry for straying from the topic.
 

·
Candies, flakes & pearls!
Joined
·
15,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If there WAS less shows during the year, one of two things would happen. Either we would see more Lowriding on the streets or Lowriding will slowly die.

I'm thinking if shows were more entertaining, we would see more growth and interest in Lowriding. Since they are getting boring though, I know more and more of us are ready to go back to the boulevard.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,362 Posts
canival food corn dogs ice cream cotton candy pink popcorn funnel cakes tug of war dunk tank shows in conjunction with other events fairs ,swapmeets carnivals ,festivals and such i sometimes get tired of the pounding beat all day, do some how to's how to tape patterns how to shoot paint the bug o ramas had motor swap compatitions good guys have a model building class and a kid play area for god sake stop robbing me of 3 dollar's for a water
 

·
Throws away monies....
Joined
·
8,565 Posts
wow, to have soo many car shows it becomes monotonous......

must be nice. at least you guys still have a lowrider lifestyle out there......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,258 Posts
im gonna start bringing tables, slap some pnuckle(sp), and some dominos while im there :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,068 Posts
Man i have to agree. After so many years the fun seams to be gone from most of them. I only go to shows now to hang out with out of town friends and hopefully catch a few good hops or see something new.
 

·
LUXLIFER
Joined
·
25,439 Posts
Originally posted by ArnGar@Sep 28 2007, 07:29 PM~8891837
Car shows should only be once in a while. (1-2 times a year IMO) You go to more than one show and it's all the same cars anyways. Gets old like you said.

We (lowriders) need to stop all the chromed undercarriage stuff and bring the rides back to the boulevard like in the old days. Or man up and drive the car anyways, I remember when Little Louie would drive his 65 (Innervisions) back in the day fully chromed underneath.

The cars shows were cool, but my best memories were when we would all cruise the boulevard single file with the IMPERIALS plaque shining in the back window. :biggrin:

Along with all the other clubs like Group, Lifestyle, Together, Artisitics, Dukes, and whoever else I may have forgotten, it was like a car show on the streets anyways. The brotherhood between the clubs was better back then too. I had a bunch of friends from other clubs and that was cool.

I realize these are different times, but long live the old days when we would cruise our rides with the music bumping with all the different club plaques out in the street together. It  was a sight to see!

Sorry for straying from the topic.
Agreed. I prefer a smaller picnic than a full on show where I have to stay all day, and like others have mentioned....$3.00 for water :angry:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,378 Posts
how about "baby momma fights".. let two brawds fight it out over a candy painted, chromed undies baby stroller. :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,214 Posts
i agree with C.F

i think if people would dare to do things a lil different it would be way more fun.
i always enjoy the shows that are held at huge facilities,

have different kinds of food rather than the same ol boring asada rice n beans.
have different types, i myself enjoy good ol memphis style bbq,ribs,pulled pork sandwiches,smoke pork,mac n cheese, baked beans,greens,slaw,and soem peach cobbler,or even banana pudding,or like mentioned before,carnival food, corn dogs,pretzels,snow cones,candy apples, pizza all for a decent price.not a arm n a leg.

soem of the entertainment could be a model builders section,soem seminars how to tape off patterns,pinstripe,gold leaf,product demonstrations.

different types of music, classic rock, soul,slow jams,reggae,even soem blues.

have a good variety of vendors, not just people sellin dvd's,rims, and hydrualics.

have boothes that have live on site pinstriping,leafing,people sellin lowrider related art work, maybe even a small swapmeet area for classic chevy or lowrider related parts.



i know when i go to a good guys even or even a rockabilly lead sled car show you see alot of different types of shit for sale,many pinstripers with their booths and their flaked and patterned items their sellin,certain places that sell classic clothes,penaltines,khakis,derby's,club style jackets etc.

it would be nice to go to a lowrider show thats different for a change,rather than the same old routine, shit i haven't been to a car show or picnic cause of that reason,the only show i went to this year was the MAJESTICS new years picnic and to me that show is one of the best ones,oh i mean picnic.
 

·
Candies, flakes & pearls!
Joined
·
15,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by crenshaw magraw@Sep 29 2007, 06:00 PM~8896810
i agree with C.F

i think if people would dare to do things a lil different it would be way more fun.
i always enjoy the shows that are held at huge facilities,

have different kinds of food rather than the same ol boring asada rice n beans.
have different types, i myself enjoy good ol memphis style bbq,ribs,pulled pork sandwiches,smoke pork,mac n cheese, baked beans,greens,slaw,and soem peach cobbler,or even banana pudding,or like mentioned before,carnival food, corn dogs,pretzels,snow cones,candy apples, pizza all for a decent price.not a arm n a leg.

soem of the entertainment could be a model builders section,soem seminars how to tape off patterns,pinstripe,gold leaf,product demonstrations.

different types of music, classic rock, soul,slow jams,reggae,even soem blues.

have a good variety of vendors, not just people sellin dvd's,rims, and hydrualics.

have boothes that have live on site pinstriping,leafing,people sellin lowrider related art work, maybe even a small swapmeet area for classic chevy or lowrider related parts.
i know when i go to a good guys even or even a rockabilly lead sled car show you see alot of different types of shit for sale,many pinstripers with their booths and their flaked and patterned items their sellin,certain places that sell classic clothes,penaltines,khakis,derby's,club style jackets etc.

it would be nice to go to a lowrider show thats different for a change,rather than the same old routine, shit i haven't been to a car show or picnic cause of that reason,the only show i went to this year was the MAJESTICS new years picnic and to me that show is one of the best ones,oh i mean picnic.
Well said. I agree 100%.

Better food and good prices would be great. Imagine if we opened a BBQ booth and sold pulled pork sandwiches, BBQ beans and banana pudding. Man, we'd make a killing.

We can have things for the kids too. I had an idea of disassembling 3, 20" lowrider bikes completely and have 3 teams of kids put the bikes back together. The team that gets their bike ridable first wins the bike and a gift certificate or something.

Just ideas.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,214 Posts
that would be tight or even a freestyle session or a street course, jumps, rails, but you would have to complete the course on a 20'' lowrider bike.

you know a few dirt ramps,a couple or stair ways,and shit liek that.
that would be neet.
the bikes would have springers and pegs on em as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,582 Posts
cars shows are what you make them so i dunno :dunno:
 

·
Candies, flakes & pearls!
Joined
·
15,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by crenshaw magraw@Sep 29 2007, 06:25 PM~8896924
that would be tight or even a freestyle session or a street course, jumps, rails, but you would have to complete the course on a 20'' lowrider bike.

you know a few dirt ramps,a couple or stair ways,and shit liek that.
that would be neet.
the bikes would have springers and pegs on em as well.
Gotta be careful with that though..liability issues what if some dumb kid breaks his leg lol!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,214 Posts
Originally posted by Crenshaw's Finest@Sep 30 2007, 01:29 AM~8896943
Gotta be careful with that though..liability issues what if some dumb kid breaks his leg lol!
yeah ,but you can always have em sign a waiver.

that would be a site to see, kids doin that x games shit on a lowrider bike.
 

·
Candies, flakes & pearls!
Joined
·
15,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by crenshaw magraw@Sep 29 2007, 06:31 PM~8896955
yeah ,but you can always have em sign a waiver.

that would be a site to see, kids doin that x games shit on a lowrider bike.
You and I should seriously put our heads together about doing something at a show, we've talked about it already but we should think about it more seriously. Theres a market here, especially for our BBQ ideas.
 
1 - 20 of 90 Posts
Top