LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
i dont feel tardy
20,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
like to get as clear a sound as possible out of it

i listen to alot of metal which is full of distortion i know im not gonna remove that but sometimes i listen to classical in the car bach beethoven (yes im for real) and some of the sonates change tempo on fairly suttle notes id to clean it up enough to pick out those notes

·
i dont feel tardy
20,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Might wanna mention how much ur willing to spend cuz even tho u put budget,guys still mention a pair of mids costing $200-$300 thus ignoring the fact that a budget is a factor. Just my .02
not 200 dollars maybe on the whole deal front and rear

·
Registered
1,007 Posts

·
PIMPIN'AINT DEAD
3,112 Posts
seleniums, eminence, b and c,all that pro audio gets very loud and u can do it with 4 speakers if u like,or whatever your budget permits...

weve been using pro audio in our cars since the 80s/90s whatever type of music u listen to will still be plenty loud and u dont need alot of power to do so.

·
Registered
7 Posts
seleniums are very loud and clear, if you've got enough cash i would fiberglass a 6" and 8" in both of the front panels. you really don't need audio in the back since there so loud. if you put the right power to them and run a mid/high amp through the 6" and then run a low amp on the 8" and put it on a sub pre-out you will have the option to turn on and off the 8" in the front just make sure you get an oscope and check for clipping to make sure your not clipping most good car audio shops should have it if they don't i wont trust them with my system

·
Registered
11,295 Posts
seleniums are very loud and clear, if you've got enough cash i would fiberglass a 6" and 8" in both of the front panels. you really don't need audio in the back since there so loud. if you put the right power to them and run a mid/high amp through the 6" and then run a low amp on the 8" and put it on a sub pre-out you will have the option to turn on and off the 8" in the front just make sure you get an oscope and check for clipping to make sure your not clipping most good car audio shops should have it if they don't i wont trust them with my system
You are full of great advice. How many "weekend warriors" do you know rush out and drop $400 plus on an O scope to make sure they aren't going to clip their signal. Hell I would bet a good chunk of people who put car stereo into their daily cars never even heard of an oscope. And they sure as hell aren't going to start doing full door panels with 8's and 6's on it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
most shops audio shops will set your gain for you and they should'nt charge you much and i did say if he had enough money it would basicly sound alot better if it was fiberglassed in his front door panels but that is really expensive and i know people won't do the fiberglassing part cause of the price

·
Registered
1,022 Posts

·
Registered
11,295 Posts
most shops audio shops will set your gain for you and they should'nt charge you much and i did say if he had enough money it would basicly sound alot better if it was fiberglassed in his front door panels but that is really expensive and i know people won't do the fiberglassing part cause of the price
Most audio shops will set your gains, but I wouldn't run off and assume most audio shops have or even use an oscope to do so. And if he is asking for budget mids and highs I think that pretty much would be a good to assume he isn't looking into glassing, seperate amps for 8's and 6's, o scopes, etc.

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
:0 whats the deal?
as previously stated, prices have gone up quite a bit.....I know Fi/AA has been eating the cost for awhile to help customers out...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.