LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE A 82' CUTLASS SUPREME WITH THE SMALL V8 4.3 AND I NEED TO KNOW WHAT COILS WILL WORK GOOD FOR THE FRONT AND HOW MANY TURNS ALSO ?

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
if ur gonna hop the car More Bounce Coils AKA mbq"s 4 1/2 full stack precompressed. if u dont get them pre compressed then i would take off a 1/4 turn of the full stack

O

·
0 Posts
MACH 3 FROM PRO HOPPER AND CUT ABOU 1 1/2 DEPEND HOW YOU WANT IT TO LOOK :cool:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THANK'S GUYS FOR THE INFO. BUT I THINK I FORGOT TO SAY THAT I HAD HAD THE 4 TONS FROM MBQ, 3.5 FROM PRO HOPPER AND RIGHT NOW I HAVE THE 4.5 FROM MBQ WITH ABOUT 5 1/2 TURNS AND I CANT GET A GOOD BOUNCE OUT OFF THEM.....AND BY THE WAY I WAS TOLD BY SEVERAL PEOPLE THAT THE MACH 3 FROM PRO HOPPER WILL BE THE BEST ONES TO GO WITH...WHAT U TINK ??

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Well first of all wutz ur setup look like? How many pumps? Batteries?

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
i have a full stack of 4 1/2 ton MBQ's pre compressed from black magic with a mini coil inside of it and its a single black magic piston pump with a #13 gear 8batteries and it easily sees 40's in 3 licks.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOMS@Nov 18 2007, 04:39 PM~9254619
i have a full stack of 4 1/2 ton MBQ's pre compressed from black magic with a mini coil inside of it and its a single black magic piston pump with a #13 gear 8batteries and it easily sees 40's in 3 licks.
pics :cool:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
THIS IS THE PICTURE OF MY SETUP....I HAVE 2 PRO HOPPER PUMPS TO THE REAR AND 1 PRO HOPPER PUMP WITH #11 AND 7 BATTERYS TO THE FRONT AND I AM HITTING ABOUT 24", I KNOW I NEED TO UPGRADE SOME STUFF LIKE MY HOSES, FITTINGS, CYLINDERS AND COILS.......

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
i dont think anyone took any pics at the turkey drives we had gone to. but im definately gonna have to take some next time i bring the car out

·
Registered
863 Posts
Originally posted by INJUREDLALO@Nov 18 2007, 10:10 PM~9256085
THIS IS THE PICTURE OF MY SETUP....I HAVE 2 PRO HOPPER PUMPS TO THE REAR AND 1 PRO HOPPER PUMP WITH #11 AND 7 BATTERYS TO THE FRONT AND I AM HITTING ABOUT 24", I KNOW I NEED TO UPGRADE SOME STUFF LIKE MY HOSES, FITTINGS, CYLINDERS AND COILS.......

Had mine setup the same as yours except 6batts with 3 1/2 tons and hit 26 in.

Upgraded to 3/4 fittings and check to 3/4x1/2x1/2 Yblock to 2 #6 hoses and an adel 2 and 5 1/2 turns of mach 3 and lost 12 inch. of my hop.

Guess im going to go with some precompressed 4ton or 4 1/2's next.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Originally posted by INJUREDLALO@Nov 18 2007, 08:10 PM~9256085

you deff. should be doing more than that! those dumps and checks suck so i would tee the front pumps together, get new checks, and run one good dump first of all. that will make more of a difference than the coils. :cool:

·
EL PIPIRIPAU!!!
379 Posts
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOMS@Nov 18 2007, 04:39 PM~9254619
What do you mean by a mini coil inside of it :confused:

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
mini coil is what they used on like mini trucks for the rear spring selection so u can use the stock location since most mini trucks in the rear had a leaf spring suspension u couldnt anything bigger than an 8 inch cylinder back there without doin any mods. so its just a smaller sized coil that i put inside of my full stack to help out with compression of the coil so it doesnt compress too soon or too fast.

here a pic of last nights christmas parade i was involved in and its 4 1/2 pre compressed up front with the mini coil. and u can see the front lays down pretty low cuz the coils are too soft now, but the mini coil inside helps out.

the car is in neutral as well and the first pic is how the car sits dumped in the front and in the 2nd pic is the 2nd lick on the switch

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Originally posted by INJUREDLALO@Nov 18 2007, 08:10 PM~9256085

Me personally in this set up I would run 3.5 or 4 ton coils with 8 batteries to the nose. And I would hope that your front pump has at least a 1/2 inch pressure port. 11 gear and a 3/8 port don't work right in my opinion.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Mach 3 is all you need ;)

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOMS@Nov 16 2007, 09:55 PM~9246303
if ur gonna hop the car More Bound Coils AKA mbq"s 4 1/2 full stack precompressed. if u dont get them pre compressed then i would take off a 1/4 turn of the full stack

1 - 20 of 33 Posts