LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are going witha dark purple w/flake, or a dark green w/flake or somethin along those lines, what color base is recommended?

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Same color base..... Otherwise a darker base then your flakes..... You wouldnt want to spray red flakes over white -- that would look pinkish....... :0

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
The Factory directions on applying paint, Or else I would say the book By House Of Kolor tips & tricks... you can buy the videos..... I prefer them too because you can get a better visual out of them....

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you said that you use the same color for your base as your top coat is going to be. does this mean that you use the same paint as you are using for your top coat, or just a normal metallic paint of the same color.

·
59 imp 64 imp 77 mc
11,239 Posts
Are you asking about candy paint over metallics? Or flake over an enamel paint??

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
I use mostly all urethane .. You can paint a kandy paint over any color base coat... & you should stick to a paint system when it comes down to it... I accidentally mixed the wrong hardener in a paint before & it instantly turned into a jello/whipped cream mixture----- :0 ........ Stick with a system.... Urethane clear & Acrylic urethane base.......

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
you have too choose the shade of purple or green you want. different bases would change the color example if you use silver base purple is purple ,blue base blueish purple ,red base reddish purple. i would go to paint store and look up color. i like purple but i went wilth candy violet over blue base with silver flake because to me violket looked more purple than purple. under the car section strawberry wine was mine its been sold.purple,violetand magenta can make purple with the right base you have to figure what you like.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Originally posted by STREET SWEEPAZ@Nov 19 2003, 08:35 AM
Same color base..... Otherwise a darker base then your flakes..... You wouldnt want to spray red flakes over white -- that would look pinkish....... :0
silver flake on purple shows up pink

1 - 9 of 9 Posts