LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yep.
in 10 hours from right now as I type this...
im flaking my roof - and im having second guessing issues as to what color flake im putting on it.

the car is all black for base - and will be patterned / muraled and candied blue after that for the boddy of the car - and the roof will be flaked out with minor flake designs in the boddy / hood / trunk also.
SO...
I had origonaly thought of doing Blue flake on the roof of the car
but this will not allow me to put blue candy on top of it for any dramatic effects of patterns on the roof. any efforts will only end up in verry sutble results wich is not what im after.

so right now I have a jar of house of kolor F22- Royal Blue flakes
and I also have a jar of silver flakes. ..... and my clear and all ready to go tomorrow morning. garage is prepped and all - just clean car - and cover / tape it to the floor and paint.

but now im thinking that If I spray the roof in silver flakes - I can come back on top of it and put in some nice old school looking design work / patterns in blues to match the rest of the color im painting the car / and possibly spray a little blue candy on top of those in areas for diffrent effects also. and if nessary also come back in and spray on some blue flake patterns if nessary to get desired dramatic effects. I realley want it to pop and im afraid if I start with blue flake that will limit what I can do on top of that - since im sticking with blue candy for the rest of the car.

let me know what chall think..... will check back in the morning
here is the odd ball / old school ride getting some paint tomorrow

lol - I hope my neighbors dont have a cow - me painting in the garage

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Personally I would do the Silver Flake, because it will like you said Pop More!!! :biggrin:

Can't wait to see it when it's done, your posting the Pics right? :cheesy:

·
Registered
165 Posts
if you are doing some patterns use the silver, gives you more options.work your way up from dark to light....good luck with it.

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Originally posted by JOHNNYSUEDE@Jan 27 2010, 12:31 AM~16425437
if you are doing some patterns use the silver, gives you more options.work your way up from dark to light....good luck with it.

X2! :biggrin:

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
decided to go with blue anyhow. after stairing down my car for a good fiew - I realized that the roof is relatively small compaired to the reast of the cars girth - and that silver on the roof might of looked a little out of place.
over all im happy with my decision of house of kolor blue flake

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
here is also a before and after of the grill work. / and fabricated yellow marker lights in there also. looks waaay better to me now.

before:

after:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts