LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what exactly defines a street bike, mild custom, semi-custom, and of radical. if i missed out on a class just tell me. i have a bike and i get put in diferent classes everytime i show.i still end up taking 1st anyways but i would like to know what exactly defines a bike catagory. please help.

·
Registered
48,347 Posts
Sorry for the long post... Any pictures of your bike?
Find out more at www.lowridermagazine.com

2003 Lowrider Legends Tour Bicycle Show Rules

Minor Bike/Trike Modifications: Examples: capping area behind seat, capping frame near crank, removal of center pipe, 2 stage paint, bolt-on seat, etc.

Major Bike/Trike Modifications: Examples: tanks, replacing center pipe, welded or molded skirts, custom paint (3 stage), custom upholstered seat, etc.

ORIGINAL: Completely original or restored bicycle with no modifications.

STREET CUSTOM: A bicycle with no frame modification. (This includes store-bought bikes with no bondo or modifications on frame.)

MILD CUSTOM: A bicycle with one major modification or less on the frame, custom upholstery, custom paint, aftermarket parts and a few custom parts. (Custom handlebars, forks, pedals, etc.)

SEMI CUSTOM: A bicycle or trike with two (2) major modifications on the frame and custom upholstery, etc.

FULL CUSTOM: A bicycle or trike with at least three (3) major modifications on the frame and custom upholstery, custom paint, etc.

RADICAL CUSTOM: A bicycle or trike with at least five (5) modifications on the frame with custom upholstery, custom paint and handcrafted custom parts.

·
Registered
65 Posts
thats what they have in the rule book but what they go by at the show is different. it just depends on the judge that looks over ur bike they got the final word. jus use the rulebook as a basic guideline and be ready to compete with bikes in ur class and a class above u

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by Lownslow302@Nov 18 2003, 10:40 PM
WTF is capping
:dunno: dont know about bikes but after reading that i'm guessing that "capping" is cape-ing kinda like a cape/skirting possibly? maybe filling in panels even? :dunno:

sorry, im just trying to stay awake while i finish my breathing treatment.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Originally posted by The Mad Modeler+Nov 18 2003, 10:51 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Mad Modeler @ Nov 18 2003, 10:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Lownslow302@Nov 18 2003, 10:40 PM
WTF is capping
:dunno: dont know about bikes but after reading that i'm guessing that "capping" is cape-ing kinda like a cape/skirting possibly? maybe filling in panels even? :dunno:

sorry, im just trying to stay awake while i finish my breathing treatment.[/b][/quote]
breathin treatment? wats up mad?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the info i was just wondering cause i just repainted my bike and added a mural and some more grafics and redid my rims i just didn't want to get bumped up in a different class. thanks for the info. heres a pics of what mine looked like before and i got 6 1st place trophys. so far.

·
Registered
744 Posts
nice bike man.. and thanks for the rules list..

cool.. back work bench..

·
Registered
48,347 Posts
Capping is when you "fill in" an area. For example you cap or fill in the area behind the seatpost or crank...

What you should have is a Semi Custom two wheeler. I am guessing that at the little shows you bet bumped to a different classes because they want to fill in a class. That has happened to me many times. I dont know about your situation.

Good luck! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by babybikeboi2+Nov 19 2003, 07:02 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (babybikeboi2 @ Nov 19 2003, 07:02 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -The Mad [email protected] 18 2003, 10:51 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Lownslow302
@Nov 18 2003, 10:40 PM
WTF is capping

sorry, im just trying to stay awake while i finish my breathing treatment.
breathin treatment? wats up mad?[/b][/quote]
been sick as fuck with pneumonia bro :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts