LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What I'm trying to figure out is what to do for a full custom clean under body. Should I paint it? Might chip though. How about herculin it? No then it's just black and plain. Maybe powder coat is the way to go because it don't chip. It also might have the the color to match the body exterior? That's that what I'm looking for. If anybody has powder coated their under body or might know something about doing this please help me I'm interrested in any help involved with my problem. All new to this stuff. Please Help!! Thanks.

·
"Tears Of A Clown"
16,272 Posts
Im going to spray mine with color dyed undercoating.

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
depends on what you are going to do, show only, street ride, full show car, a mix. if you have the frame off, powder coat, it wont chip. if its on the body, pressure wash/sand blast it. get as much grease off as can, then hand clean it with wire brushes (on your drill) andwith laqour thinner or acetone, get it down to the metal. the rubberized undercoating is easier to get off using a small torch, thats if the other methods doesnt get it all off. then when you have it real clean, use some etching primer(or epoxy primer) and follow it with some high build primer/sealer. then you can spray your base coat and then clear it. itll take you some time, but worth it. even if your frame is off you can do the same thing. i wouldnt undercoat it a color myself, i dont think it looks as clean and if you later want to paint it, its a bitch to remove.

·
Registered
458 Posts
You can send all of it out for powdercoating, this will give you the show finish you want.
If you want to save some money, spray some por 15. You can paint & clear over it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts