LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 93 fleet is juiced but it is coil under in the rear looks like the springs are welded to the doughut and has a cup welded to the rear axle housing that the spring rests on when layed out if i switch to coil over will it lay lower and what do i need to do and to buy to do this thank you :biggrin:

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
use the same cylinders and coils if you want. sperate everything. your axle housing will have some sort of spring perch or tabs welded to it.You need to take them off and have either a flat or no platform on the housing.I suggest powerballs, so You find the angle you need them to be welded on (the angle the stock springs would be) and weld them on. then you need a pair of dougnuts and a pair of reverse cups.Get reverse DEEP cups to save coil(go lower) the end of the cylinder piston screws onto thepowerball, and the rever deep cup sits on the coller on the cylinder casing.the coil sit on top of the reverse cup and just since you already have the doughnuts, they sit on top of the coil between the spring and the frame coil perch. So all you really need is the cylindeer mounting (powerball) and reverse cups

1 - 3 of 3 Posts