LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
SO FRESH!!!!!
12,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what does that stand for on a pump is that the mm size of the port ???? :)

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
WHAT BRAND OF PUMP? ARE THEY STAMPED,WRITTEN, STICKER?

·
Registered
9,528 Posts
Originally posted by MINT'Z@Jan 7 2009, 05:17 PM~12635520
what does that stand for on a pump is that the mm size of the port ???? :)
all 3 of those are in one or it that 3 different pumps?

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
its a ratinf on how much flow they are geared for. higher number means faster flow,but less torque.

like a mtn bike

·
SO FRESH!!!!!
12,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok so if its just a strret setup you dont really want a high number but a hopper you would want like a 13 ??

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
Originally posted by MINT'Z@Jan 7 2009, 08:14 PM~12637239
ok so if its just a strret setup you dont really want a high number but a hopper you would want like a 13 ??

yeah sorta, the less power you have (batts), the lower head you can run without bogging to motor down and killing it

·
Phoenix Chapter President
6,456 Posts
Originally posted by MINT'Z@Jan 7 2009, 07:14 PM~12637239
street setup/hopper setup??????you can hit back bumper with all them gears if your shit is dialed in correctly...........

·
16,068 Posts
I have #5 gears for my back pumps and a #9 for my front(lay n play setup) but have only had to take apart a #5 before so i wonder, do the gears have a different amount of teeth on the different numbered gears? Anywhere to find the specs on them such as how many gallons per minute they should flow at 12v, 24v, etc?

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Originally posted by cashmoneyspeed@Jan 7 2009, 10:42 PM~12637496
I have #5 gears for my back pumps and a #9 for my front(lay n play setup) but have only had to take apart a #5 before so i wonder, do the gears have a different amount of teeth on the different numbered gears?  Anywhere to find the specs on them such as how many gallons per minute they should flow at 12v, 24v, etc?
thats what im wondering. flow vs psi

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
its the length or width of the gear depending on how you look at it .. if you look at the side of the pump head the center sections width

the wider the gear the higher the number and more flow the pumps is rated for ..
the wider the gear the more volts you have to use to overcome leverage of a wider gear to get the pressure up

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Originally posted by ice64berg@Jan 7 2009, 09:53 PM~12638976
its the length or width of the gear depending on how you look at it .. if you look at the side of the pump head the center sections width

the wider the gear the higher the number and more flow the pumps is rated for ..
the wider the gear the more volts you have to use to overcome leverage of a wider gear to get the pressure up
so then i would wana # 9 for my caprice front with 72 volts for long batt life ??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts