LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at the moment its all silver leaf and ive painted everything else silver diff suspension etc ,i originally wanted to do the chassis magenta but ran out of paint do u think its to much of the one colour has someone got pics of one they have done all chrome thanks

ps please explain foiling for me and how it works and who stocks these kits in america ,im considering it but honestly im an amateur builder is it out of my league

Last edited by lo lo kid at Oct 2 2003, 07:10 PM

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by BigPoppa@Oct 2 2003, 06:50 PM
more paint, all silver is cheesy.  Take a look in older posts for foiling, I've typed that shit out more times than I can count.

K. Diaz
lol, lucky for me i saved it in microsoft word for these type of occassions ;)

Applying Bare Metal Foil by K. Diaz

Ok, start with something easy-64 Impala door (you could do the whole side trim, but it's more realistic to do trim the way its actually broken up). Cut a piece that's larger than the piece you're chroming. Place it on top of the trim, then use a combination of your thumb, a q-tip and a toothpick to press it on the highest point of the trim. Then start working from the inside out to get it into all the grooves. When you're done, use a super sharp blade to run along the trim-just hard enough to cut the foil, or you might cut a groove into the paint/plastic and if you veer away from the trim, you'll end up with a nasty scratch. If you veer into the trim, stop and either back up or cut from the opposite side. If it's not too bad, you may be able to push the foil back or use a patch on it. Foil is so thin it's hard to tell.

K. Diaz

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by BigPoppa@Oct 2 2003, 09:19 PM
you da man
this is true! :biggrin: lol

you have any idea how many times i have posted that up since you wrote it? lol

:thumbsup:

hey, ya mind if i post it on my website? i'll leave your name on the credits like normal ;)

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
Originally posted by The Mad Modeler+Oct 2 2003, 09:26 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Mad Modeler @ Oct 2 2003, 09:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--BigPoppa@Oct 2 2003, 09:19 PM
you da man
this is true! :biggrin: lol

you have any idea how many times i have posted that up since you wrote it? lol

:thumbsup:

hey, ya mind if i post it on my website? i'll leave your name on the credits like normal ;)[/b][/quote]
sure

1 - 14 of 14 Posts