LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to start putting my 2 pump kit together and install it. I read in the "science of hydraulics" about a solution they used to clean the pruducts to be safe of contamination and metal grindings.... But I'm not familier with what they suggested to use. What has people on here found usefull, maybe I will be more familier with it. Thanks

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
i read a long time ago they used mineral spirits,but i don't use no kind of chemicals on my hydraulics cause of all the rings,stuff like the blocks and dumps,and pump heads,tanks all except the motor i clean them with just dish washing detergent and hot water,lol

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
lacquer thinner or Varsol to clean the block. the main reason is that most times I've gotton polished blocks there is polishing rouge in the port and if you don't get that out and it gets into your system, your dumps could stick.. or even your checks can have a problem.

And the metal shavings are def. something you have to get out...

I also use windex to clean inside the tanks and all the components, then coat them in hydraulic oil at assembly.. :biggrin: :biggrin:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts