LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
watts peak 5000
rms 2500

lookin at subs , wondering peoples opinions on these , anyone heard them?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
I heard a setup with two of them on 6000 watts. You would have NEVER guessed they were 10's. On the downside, it was a pretty big gotdamn box! It BANGED!! Almost as hard as my 3 JL 13w7's on 3000 watts - seriously!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think im going to get one bro, one will do the job, just have to find an amp. any suggestions kowboy?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,196 Posts
i've never heard one before but riding off of testamonials, specs, etc... i see it as being strictly SPL and i might even say it wastes power... it can HANDLE 3k watts, but does a great percentage of the 3k go to output, or does 1500w go to heat?

some ppl are really happy with theirs and most people have found better rounded speakers that can get just as loud with less power and sound better doing so....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
873 Posts
Originally posted by Sporty@Oct 1 2006, 09:27 PM~6285005
i've never heard one before but riding off of testamonials, specs, etc... i see it as being strictly SPL and i might even say it wastes power... it can HANDLE 3k watts, but does a great percentage of the 3k go to output, or does 1500w go to heat?

some ppl are really happy with theirs and most people have found better rounded speakers that can get just as loud with less power and sound better doing so....

:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,868 Posts
;)
Originally posted by Sporty@Oct 1 2006, 07:27 PM~6285005
i've never heard one before but riding off of testamonials, specs, etc... i see it as being strictly SPL and i might even say it wastes power... it can HANDLE 3k watts, but does a great percentage of the 3k go to output, or does 1500w go to heat?

some ppl are really happy with theirs and most people have found better rounded speakers that can get just as loud with less power and sound better doing so....
Efficiency may be an issue with a SPL setup, but sound quality has nothing to do with it.

I agree the sub sucks and is a waste of money, but on the "sound better" statement, SPL applications arent built for SQ.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
489 Posts
Originally posted by KustomImage@Sep 22 2006, 10:47 AM~6224299
watts peak 5000
rms 2500

lookin at subs , wondering peoples opinions on these , anyone heard them?

yeah man if you want a set... tell mario and he'll give me a shout.. my boy sells kicker outta his shop... the solo x is more of a comp sub... if i was you go wit just regular L7 10" subs... or even the Comp VX's..... give me a shout if you need help wit the install I used to do that shit...... I'll hook you up.... just hook me up when it comes time for pricing on my paint job.

as for an amp if you want to stay kicker try a 1250.1..... digital kicker amp..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,196 Posts
Originally posted by S10laynframe@Oct 2 2006, 12:11 PM~6288178
;)

Efficiency may be an issue with a SPL setup, but sound quality has nothing to do with it.

I agree the sub sucks and is a waste of money, but on the "sound better" statement, SPL applications arent built for SQ.


but why not go with a sub that costs less, sounds better, and in an SQL alignment, will do the same on a TL as the solo - X in a SPL alignment? thats the point i was getting at
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by Juiced10@Oct 2 2006, 04:19 PM~6289269
yeah man if you want a set... tell mario and he'll give me a shout.. my boy sells kicker outta his shop... the solo x is more of a comp sub... if i was you go wit just regular L7 10" subs... or even the Comp VX's..... give me a shout if you need help wit the install I used to do that shit...... I'll hook you up.... just hook me up when it comes time for pricing on my paint job.

as for an amp if you want to stay kicker try a 1250.1..... digital kicker amp..
;) ill let you know bro , thanks
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top