LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,540 Posts
Originally posted by concrete@Aug 5 2003, 11:17 AM
I have mine at 1000rpm...but I have been adjusting it latley...
really depends on the car, but in older carbed cars (fuel injection stuff usually doesn't need messed with since the sensors tell the computer current conditions and the computer adjusts idle accordingly) what i usually do is set it to the lowest setting that it will idle in gear without dying when i tap the gas. Also, turn the wheel with the car in gear. If it dies, raise it up a bit. If it jerks into gear then its too high.

But in older cars, camshaft lift/duration has a lot to do with idle settings also. Stock vehicles around 1000 or less is ok in park. Cars with bigger cams may require higher settings, but i usually set to as low as it can so it doesnt jerk into gear. :)

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
1400 parked, 1250 drive. 3500 stall converter.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
hey whats the fastest rpming engine in the world, n is there a phyiscal law that limits how fast somthing can spin on earth? jus wondering im a science drop out

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
well the smaller the engine the lighter the reciprocating weight, the more rpms it is capable of. There is a V8 gas motor for RC's its bout the size of a calculator. I cant answer your question cause on its limited by quality too.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Originally posted by 1LOWCHERO@Aug 11 2003, 08:18 AM
well the smaller the engine the lighter the reciprocating weight, the more rpms it is capable of. There is a V8 gas motor for RC's its bout the size of a calculator. I cant answer your question cause on its limited by quality too.
im thinking of buildin the worlds fastest 4 banger, like a .5 ltr that can push out 375 hoarses at 20gs n redlines at 25gs, oh it can be done.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Originally posted by fuwad85@Aug 11 2003, 12:11 AM
hey whats the fastest rpming engine in the world, n is there a phyiscal law that limits how fast somthing can spin on earth? jus wondering im a science drop out
In a car, it'd be a tuff rotary. About 15,000 rpm.

Otherwise on wheels, prob a Road Bike as seen in Biker Boyz. (gay as fuck film)

·
Registered
22 Posts
84 Monte w/ stock 305 - idles on the manual says 550 rpms, but mine dies when you put it into gear. i set mine to 650 rpms @ 6 deg out on the timing and runs great. Good Luck :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts