LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a few ugly ass cracks in my dash before and wanted to do something about it. Looking around real quick for any real fix it was going to cost a few hundred bucks, so I decided to let the local upholstery dude have a crack at it.

I didn't really like the way it came out because of the seam on the side (He did tell me it might have to come out like that)...but it's kind of grown on me since and for roughly $50 US I don't think it's too bad of an investment.

What do you guys think???

The picture isn't the best, but you get the idea.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Get rid of the ugly green speaker cover!!!! Seam doesn't look bad.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by AWSOM69@Sep 6 2005, 03:23 PM~3763145

Haha it's not a green speaker cover. It's sitting on my green couch. The cushion sticks through the speaker covering to make it look like that.

Here's the old dash pad, and the big crack that was pissing me off.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
I think it looks great for the price. Can you tell me how to take off the dash pad like you did? I removed the instrument paneland glovebox and took off those screws. Where are the rest. The dash did not budge. Thanks.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by hdhillin@Sep 8 2005, 07:53 PM~3779107
I think it looks great for the price. Can you tell me how to take off the dash pad like you did? I removed the instrument paneland glovebox and took off those screws. Where are the rest. The dash did not budge. Thanks.
There are a few of those goofy screws that are hidden pretty good. I missed about 3 after I had checked and double checked the first time around.

After you take of all those screws, I basically banged lightly on the underside of the dash pad where the screws were coming through and it moved here and there.

I wish I would have taken pictures of it, but I lent my cam do a "buddy" like a sucker.

I am going to be putting the dash back in real soon, I'll take some pics of it then, maybe that will help you out.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wasn't liking the dash at all when I picked it up, but I think the main thing that settled my mind was the cost of other options, so for $50 you really can't go wrong I figured.

Looks better than what I started out with. The dude also put foam under it so it' s padded.

·
Registered
6,099 Posts
Originally posted by AWSOM69@Sep 6 2005, 03:23 PM~3763145

lol thats what i thought to.,,, :roflmao: :roflmao:

looks good to me..

:biggrin:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts