LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whatup guys,

This guy calls me up talkin about he has a 4 pump setup and a whole bunch of other shit that was on his 64 he just bought, and was selling it for 350.00 for everything. Hes a "hot rodder" so he wanted to put it back to normal. I said what the hell, I'll go take a look.. When the old man opened the backyard gate I saw "4" 5-7 year old fennerstone pumps that had 2 old school polished waterman dumps and 2 delta dumps.

I put the pumps in my car with the dumps and fittings and started to leave after I paid him. He said wait I'm not done, and opened the garage door. He told me to pop my trunk and he dropped four 3 1/2 ton coils already broken in, 2 pair chrome cylinders and a 16 switch box that was made at home from an extension cord. He said I also have these that were sitting in the trunk.. And broke out with brand new hoses from front to back.

The pumps need new tanks, check valves, slow downs and backing plates.. Should I rebuild the old school pumps or use the parts as a backup.

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Thats a hard question without lookin at the old pumps. If their 5-7 yrs. old, your gonna have to replace more than what you listed. Your also gonna have to replace every seal in the whole set-up. Even if they look good, I wouldn't trust them.
Too, those pumpheads & motors.....man, its hard to say.
Now, if it were me, I may rebuild them & use them as a starter set-up like for my wife or something. Or, maybe testing out a new project or something. I wouldn't make it my primariy set-up.
Its your call on that one.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
if your not gonna hop it just use them till they die it will get up and down fast it should still hop a bit i had one of those old fenners to the nose of my regal before and it would get 6"at 48 volts but its your call :biggrin:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts