LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
iight i was just told that max power meant that this is what the amp can handel for like a millisecond.... i don't think that is true... i think that is what you can run it at without blowing it... i was also told that the RMS is what you are supposed to run it at... let me kno

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
for example if i have a 500watt max sub will i be able to run it at 500watss all day???

·
Registered
15,630 Posts
maybe all day for 1 day

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
really... damn then i had it all wrong... thats why i keep blowin subs then...i thought that the max watt handeling ment that you could run it all the time like that.... i have went through 4 12s this month... ant i have only had it for a month...

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well on that note then there are a lot of shitty subs that are out there that TRY to make themselves look better buy putting a higher max power.... so what would be a good setup then???

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i mean something that will really bang... what about 2 brahma 12s??? and what would be a good amp???

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Originally posted by 2low2touch@Sep 18 2003, 10:34 PM
well on that note then there are a lot of shitty subs that are out there that TRY to make themselves look better buy putting a higher max power.... so what would be a good setup then???
Aaaahhh light shine on Marbeled head, Grasshoppa

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by JeremyD@Sep 19 2003, 10:00 AM
Max power means nothing. Its an imaginary number for which there is no standard for measuring. Companies just add outrageous numbers out of no where. This number is useless...
the world is a better place because of you jeremy :biggrin:

·
I Dig Chix Wit Glasses!!!
14,255 Posts
Originally posted by 2low2touch@Sep 18 2003, 08:11 PM
iight i was just told that max power meant that this is what the amp can handel for like a millisecond.... i don't think that is true... i think that is what you can run it at without blowing it... i was also told that the RMS is what you are supposed to run it at... let me kno
that's Homer's other name. :biggrin:

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by JeremyD@Sep 19 2003, 09:00 AM
Max power means nothing. Its an imaginary number for which there is no standard for measuring. Companies just add outrageous numbers out of no where. This number is useless...
on that note themn what does rms mean???

·
Registered
304 Posts
power that the sub can handle continuously

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Originally posted by 2low2touch+Sep 22 2003, 12:49 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (2low2touch @ Sep 22 2003, 12:49 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--JeremyD@Sep 19 2003, 09:00 AM
on that note themn what does rms mean???[/b][/quote]
root mean square.....

RMS is the average power, it dosen't include the very small and little of the tops of a sine wave (what the power looks like measured in voltage on regular sine wave) that is quiet a bit higher.... because its not there long enough to count.... RMS acounts for .707 of a 1, so say 1 is applied, only .707 is really used, well all of it is relatively, but .707 is about what plasauble amount if acounted for to actaully doing some thing

1 - 16 of 16 Posts