LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
16,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to do all the maintenance on my regal and add some chrome under the hood at the same time. Is there anything else i should get or anything to watch out for while i'm under the hood.

I already bought some Taylor plug wires, a distributor cap & rotor, fuel filter, air filter, oil filter, pcv valve, chrome breather filter, chrome valve covers and gaskets, o2 sensor, and spark plugs.

Any suggestions on a good way to replace the air filter assembly with something chrome(besides having mine plated)? Do i need to retain the valve that's on the intake tube?

Where's a good place to get a chrome master cylinder cover also?

·
Registered
42 Posts
well there is also pulley sets, water neck, water pump, timing cover, wire looms just checkout jcwhitney.com click on engine parts and then dress up and chrome to look for ideas and they have air filter assemblies too :cool:

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
Originally posted by UCE-ORLANDO@Sep 5 2005, 08:12 PM~3757704
What size engine?
(not 100% sure, he has another topic asking questions about this engine..)

·
16,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, yeah it is a 307. The car will be a daily throughout winter and everything so i'm not trying to get too crazy with it under the hood bu i already got some chrome vavle covers and the breather cap so i figure a new air cleaner, master cylinder cover, colored wire looms, etc should help make it easier on the eyes ;)

·
Registered
638 Posts
You can also try Sumittracing.com and Jegs.com they have some top quality parts :biggrin: Eric.

·
16,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by 85REGAL@Sep 5 2005, 07:52 PM~3758515
You can also try Sumittracing.com and Jegs.com they have some top quality parts :biggrin:  Eric.
Yeah i got all my chrome stuff from summit the other day, just seeing if there's anything else i should replace while i have everything torn apart. or if anyone on here has some chrome goodies they want to get rid of. and i don't want any ill affects if i get rid of the stock air box and heat riser valve for an open element filter.

·
Registered
16,520 Posts
I CANT FIND SHIT FOR AN OLDS 307 THATS CHROMED

·
16,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by sleepy526@Sep 5 2005, 09:22 PM~3759285
I CANT FIND SHIT FOR AN OLDS 307 THATS CHROMED
Same here, all i got was a rear diff cover, valve covers, and a breather filter. Found a timing chain cover too but didn't get it yet.

·
16,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also, the metal (1 1/2") metal hose that goes to the heat riser valve on the intake is crushed and torn. Can i just put an open element filter on and ditch the whole stock airbox? Where do i install the 2 small vacuum hoses then? or where can i get that hose/pipe from?

Also, since i'm putting a push in breather in top the valve cover, do i have to plug the hole where the pipe was in the air box?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts