LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What needs to be done for me to have 18" cylinders for my rear on a 95 Cadi fleetwood??? I need to reinforce, do i need to extend a-arms??? what else needs to be done????? also don't go bigger than 8" up front??? :uh:

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
you will have to extend your upper trailling arms and shorten your drive shaft for sure but i still doubt you will get the whole 18" out of them unless you do some magor mods

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
You will need to install a custom driveshaft with a slipspline, or install signifigantly longer lower trailing arms with relocated mounts and at minimum modify and relocate the upper trailing arms or possibly install a complete custom 4 link setup. If you plan on laying the car low in the ass, you will either need to run sideport cylinders or modify the rear deck so they will clear it. If you dont need to drag the back bumper on the ground, you could just use taller springs in the rear to give the cylinder clearance.

In short, takes a major rework to get 18'' cylinders to fully extend under the rear of a caddy, but can be done. Trust me :biggrin:

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is it better to 4-link the arms??? Also what about if i go 16"?? What needs to be done??? The same or less??? I'll probably go 16" cause i wan't to ride LOW at times. With 16" are the cylinders to big for when i drop my car?? Will i have to make holes for them to go through when i'm scrappin the bumper??? :uh:

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Originally posted by DOWNER_42069@Oct 3 2003, 10:05 PM
Also front cylinders don't go bigger than 8"?? :uh:
Most people don't but the biggest I've seen in the front is 10's. Except for this radical dancer I seen, it had 24's all the way around, but it don't count.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So then i will go 8" front and 16" back. So to have 16" i need to extend a-arms,reinforce, coil-over, and that's it??? Do i need to shorten by drive shaft??? What about if 18" cause i don't know if 16" or 18". :uh:

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
you will want to shorten your drive shaft and extend your upper trailing arms but i would'nt go any bigger then 14's cause you probably still wont lock those 16's all the way up it might depend on how much coil you got to

1 - 13 of 13 Posts