LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put some flake on my lincoln I need some opinions my car is champagne color and this fool I know is going to hook it up now what kind of flake should I put over this color at first I was thinking gold but I think it wont look so good how about golden orange flake and champagne let me know Im confused I dont know what would look good together
shorty

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
i would go w/ a pearl over that color "instead" of flake--------when you put flake over a solid color it looks like shit in my opinion-----pearls would look much much better and you can mix colors and come out w/ a much better effect------peace

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
Originally posted by lowriderlife@Sep 5 2003, 08:39 AM
i would go w/ a pearl over that color "instead" of flake--------when you put flake over a solid color it looks like shit in my opinion-----pearls would look much much better and you can mix colors and come out w/ a much better effect------peace
I agree, flake only looks good when it's a dead on match, like gold flake on gold paint or silver on silver. Worst I've seen is a black Sebring with gold flake :( I thought it had just come out the carwash and droplets were reflecting... looked tacky

K. Diaz

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Originally posted by lowriderlife@Sep 5 2003, 08:39 AM
:thumbsup: :cheesy: whenever i say somethin like that everyone complains n starts bitching.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
here u go homie :cool: but it doesnt show up

Last edited by YOUNG CAPRICE at Sep 5 2003, 04:17 PM

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
Originally posted by YOUNG CAPRICE+Sep 5 2003, 03:15 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (YOUNG CAPRICE @ Sep 5 2003, 03:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--lowriderlife@Sep 5 2003, 08:39 AM
i would go w/ a pearl over that color "instead" of flake--------when you put flake over a solid color it looks like shit in my opinion-----pearls would  look much much better and you can mix colors and come out w/ a much better effect------peace
:thumbsup: :cheesy: whenever i say somethin like that everyone complains n starts bitching.[/b][/quote]
MAYBE IT'S HOW YOU SAY IT---OR MAYBE YOU HAVE NOT PROVED YOUR KNOWLEDGE YET-------- :biggrin: ---THEY CAN YELL AT ME IF THEY WANT TOO--------I KNOW WHAT I KNOW------ :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Originally posted by lowriderlife+Sep 5 2003, 04:23 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lowriderlife @ Sep 5 2003, 04:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -YOUNG [email protected] 5 2003, 03:15 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--lowriderlife
@Sep 5 2003, 08:39 AM
i would go w/ a pearl over that color "instead" of flake--------when you put flake over a solid color it looks like shit in my opinion-----pearls would  look much much better and you can mix colors and come out w/ a much better effect------peace

:thumbsup: :cheesy: whenever i say somethin like that everyone complains n starts bitching.
MAYBE IT'S HOW YOU SAY IT---OR MAYBE YOU HAVE NOT PROVED YOUR KNOWLEDGE YET-------- :biggrin: ---THEY CAN YELL AT ME IF THEY WANT TOO--------I KNOW WHAT I KNOW------ :biggrin:[/b][/quote]
maybe... lot of "smart asses" tell me i dont know shit, but for 17 i know a lot bout alot of shit not just lowriders.. i dont open my mouth unless i have a 60% assurance i know wut im talkin bout... everyone wants me to put flakes on my ride when i get it painted but most of the rides i seen with flakes :thumbsdown: doesnt look as nice as it "should" :dunno: mabye they just dont know wut color flake and size to use

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
Originally posted by YOUNG CAPRICE+Sep 5 2003, 03:27 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (YOUNG CAPRICE @ Sep 5 2003, 03:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 5 2003, 04:23 PM

MAYBE IT'S HOW YOU SAY IT---OR MAYBE YOU HAVE NOT PROVED YOUR KNOWLEDGE YET-------- :biggrin: ---THEY CAN YELL AT ME IF THEY WANT TOO--------I KNOW WHAT I KNOW------ :biggrin:
maybe... lot of "smart asses" tell me i dont know shit, but for 17 i know a lot bout alot of shit not just lowriders.. i dont open my mouth unless i have a 60% assurance i know wut im talkin bout... everyone wants me to put flakes on my ride when i get it painted but most of the rides i seen with flakes :thumbsdown: doesnt look as nice as it "should" :dunno: mabye they just dont know wut color flake and size to use[/b][/quote]
i don't know bro------i have also seen some really bad flake jobs---hard to say what some people thing about things------lates

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Is it possible to put flakes over a silver color that has a little bit of Light, light blue tint to it? If so what color of flake should be put on and what size.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
as a rule , you never put darker flakes than the paint -it looks too much like dirt . go with a base thats close to the flake color and use house of kolor "ice pearls" they have 10 times the reflectiveness of flake

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Originally posted by lowriderlife+Sep 8 2003, 10:27 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lowriderlife @ Sep 8 2003, 10:27 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -YOUNG [email protected] 5 2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 5 2003, 04:23 PM

maybe... lot of "smart asses" tell me i dont know shit, but for 17 i know a lot bout alot of shit not just lowriders.. i dont open my mouth unless i have a 60% assurance i know wut im talkin bout... everyone wants me to put flakes on my ride when i get it painted but most of the rides i seen with flakes :thumbsdown: doesnt look as nice as it "should" :dunno: mabye they just dont know wut color flake and size to use
i don't know bro------i have also seen some really bad flake jobs---hard to say what some people thing about things------lates[/b][/quote]
Have you seen my Flake job my 66 Impala. Dirtywhiteboy66 Project in the post your rides section. I do agree with some other that you need to get the color close to the flake because one, it will not look even in contrast, but two you will end up using alot more flake to cover say a black base, then you would a chapange base. I know that the Gold Flake, and there is even a chapagne Flake that HOK as that would lay down pretty well. Word of advice on Flake. CLEAR.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts