LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to get started on a frame, but i cant have a body up on stands for a long period of time, i have a line on a 82 coupe frame , but dont know if it will fit , i dont want to waste my time wrapping it if it wont fit........so , what will interchange?

·
Phoenix Chapter President
6,456 Posts
an 82 caddy frame will not work on a 77-79 coupe........I know from experience......

·
Registered
9,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by DanielDucati@Dec 2 2008, 12:55 PM~12313319
an 82 caddy frame will not work on a 77-79 coupe........I know from experience......
fuck... thats what i was figuring...... i shouldnt have scrapped the frame that was under the parts car....... :angry: :angry: :angry:

·
6,456 Posts
hows the 79 commin along....................There's one on here in Az on craigslist for $800 juiced with rims but there's a catch,the "Title" has a Lien........ Its no biggie though ,if you know how to play salvage tag.......... :biggrin:
Caddy on craigslist......

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
ive put a 77 caddy frame under a 93 fleetwood, it was the same except for the brake line holes in the rear which i just had to drill a hole :dunno:

·
stylish muthafucka
10,237 Posts
Yeah there's been a few of these topics before, and I've always understood that theyre the same from 77-96'.

·
Registered
9,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by DanielDucati@Dec 2 2008, 01:04 PM~12313419
hows the 79 commin along....................There's one on here in Az on craigslist for $800 juiced with rims but there's a catch,the "Title" has a Lien........ Its no biggie though ,if you know how to play salvage tag.......... :biggrin:
Caddy on craigslist......
its coming slowly , i ran into some legal troubles that have me stalled for cash :0 just put the engine back in after detailing the engine compartment. sending the door panels out today to be redone... again.... ITS A DAMN SHAME THAT ONE IS SO FAR AWAY ID MBE ON IT INA MINUTE......
Originally posted by JustCruisin@Dec 2 2008, 01:20 PM~12313571
Yeah there's been a few of these topics before, and I've always understood that theyre the same from 77-96'.
well..... i dont want to wrap a 82 for nothing... WHAT FITS?????

·
6,456 Posts
Originally posted by Pinky Bitches@Dec 2 2008, 01:12 PM~12313496
ive put a 77 caddy frame under a 93 fleetwood, it was the same except for the brake line holes in the rear which i just had to drill a hole :dunno:
:uh: ....interesting....so just the break lines holes was different?nuthing else?...you learn something everday................I had a '79-2 door coupe deville caddy back in '94 and I bought a fully boxed frame off of a '82-2 door fleetwood and the body mounts did not match.........

·
Registered
9,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by DanielDucati@Dec 2 2008, 01:27 PM~12313624
:uh: ....interesting....so just the break lines holes was different?nuthing else?...you learn something everday................I had a '79-2 door coupe deville caddy back in '94 and I bought a fully boxed frame off of a '82-2 door fleetwood and the body mounts did not match.........
CANT HAVE THAT , ILL BE ON MY QUEST FOR A 77-79 FRAME......

·
Registered
9,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Originally posted by youcantfademe@Dec 2 2008, 03:52 PM~12313278
i want to get started on a frame, but i cant have a body up on stands for a long period of time, i have a line on a 82 coupe frame , but dont know if it will fit , i dont want to waste my time wrapping it if it wont fit........so , what will interchange?
I WOULD THINK THE FRAME SHOULD FIT

·
Registered
9,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
NOW LET ME ASK THIS, HOW CAN I DO THE BRIDGE WHILE THE FRAME IS OUT AND NOT HAVE TO HACK MY TRUNK FLOOR TO SHIT?

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
IM NOT SURE YOU CAN,THE FLOOR WILL HAVE TO BE CUT FAR AS I KNOW

·
Registered
9,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
what can i do to the stock pckets in rear so i dont have to chop the floor ? its not going to be a hopper, just a street car....

·
6,456 Posts
Originally posted by youcantfademe@Dec 2 2008, 01:37 PM~12313706
FOR CERTIAN?
Try it..........mine didnt work........ended up selling it and buying a '78 frame....

·
Registered
9,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by DanielDucati@Dec 2 2008, 01:49 PM~12313796
Try it..........mine didnt work........ended up selling it and buying a '78 frame....
cant afford to do it twice... once is enough for me .....

·
6,456 Posts
now that I think about it, maybe it was the rear bridge on the '82 frame that wouldnt let the body mounts line up...shit It was over 13 years ago and over 21 cars ago..........

·
6,456 Posts
let me call my brother he was there when we did it............

·
Registered
9,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
cool let me know , thanks for the help.....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts