LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
orlie sold da mag biz..in 99. an da new owners ran it 2 da ground,also orlie lives in phx az where he still in bizness.........damm guy is old as hell :biggrin:

·
Registered
802 Posts
I agree that Ristra Publishing ran it into the ground but that's why Orlie sold it in the first place, it was hurting. Back in the day there were only two magazines to buy, Lowrider and Orlies. I always bought them both even though Orlies was doing it a little different. But it was about Lowriding so I had to get it. But it never got any better like Lowrider did and then came Street Customs and I guess that's when I decided to stop buying it.

I still give it up for all of Orlies efforts, he was lifting cars in L.A. before he even had the magazine and he's still going. He is a part of our history.

·
Premium Member
18,358 Posts
Yes, i agree.... Orlie Coca is for sure,a lowriding legend.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
I know I've seen them newer than '99. I always liked that mag, they had lots of full page pics. I liked scrape and street cruisin the best, but I only ever had a few.

·
Registered
802 Posts
There have been many magazines over the years representing their opinions of the lowrider way of life and many videos as well. The problem is we always compare them to the best but what's wrong with the rest? The more we hate the less number of avenues we have to represent our lifestyle. A few magazines and videos have went out of business and it makes it look like the lifestyle has faded out a little but the fact is that they didn't get the support required to stay a float. We need to stay positive toward one another in our lifestyle and business ventures that are lowrider related. If you have critisism about a lowrider related company, there are many ways to express your matters in a positive way.

·
"Tears Of A Clown"
16,272 Posts
Damn, I miss that magazine! To be honest it was one of my favorites.

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
Originally posted by ThePower316@Jul 23 2005, 02:12 PM
Ha, I was checking out a old orlie's mag last night....
[snapback]3463494[/snapback]​
damn i never did get the second issue for that one yakima show ... :angry:

i think thats when orlies dried up ...

i got a few old issues laying around of oriles... ok they are in folders ...and lrms are sorted by years ... and the other stuff like scape and what not is in with my lowridaz folder ... the two great discontinued mags also blvd three... i guess orlies kinda comes in fourth now that I think about it

·
Impalas Car Club
3,004 Posts
Yeah I remember when they were in Yakima Three Star did the music and I got all my emblems gold plated damn that was a long time ago

·
Paying Dues
4,193 Posts
Originally posted by TraditionalLowriding@Jul 23 2005, 01:58 AM
There have been many magazines over the years representing their opinions of the lowrider way of life and many videos as well. The problem is we always compare them to the best but what's wrong with the rest? The more we hate the less number of avenues we have to represent our lifestyle. A few magazines and videos have went out of business and it makes it look like the lifestyle has faded out a little but the fact is that they didn't get the support required to stay a float. We need to stay positive toward one another in our lifestyle and business ventures that are lowrider related. If you have critisism about a lowrider related company, there are many ways to express your matters in a positive way.
[snapback]3462548[/snapback]​
Couldn't have said it better myself. :thumbsup:

O

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by jaydelriotx@Jul 22 2005, 12:54 AM
remember that ghetto shit?  :biggrin:  :cool:
[snapback]3454124[/snapback]​

Man, you are one dumb fucker.

You make posts asking about putting airbags on a goddamn bigbody, then you sit here and make a topic dissing a very legendary lowrider who has done more for the lowriding lifestyle than you ever will.

man, some people should be banned from this site and from breathing good air.

·
Paying Dues
4,193 Posts
Originally posted by Notorious76@Jul 26 2005, 02:53 PM
Man, you are one dumb fucker.

You make posts asking about putting airbags on a goddamn bigbody, then you sit here and make a topic dissing a very legendary lowrider who has done more for the lowriding lifestyle than you ever will.
man, some people should be banned from this site and from breathing good air.
[snapback]3483030[/snapback]​
Jason...Jason! Calm down man! It's alright. Some people just don't know better. :biggrin:

O

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Tyrone@Jul 26 2005, 03:56 PM
Jason...Jason! Calm down man! It's alright. Some people just don't know better. :biggrin:
[snapback]3483068[/snapback]​

this site has to many dumb kids on it these days.

i just read a topic where a guy asked a question about a battery, and some dude is dissing him about the question he asked, but the guy doing the dissing has a dodge neon with hydraulics.

man, i need to be a mod, i would solve the bandwidth problems by banning morons who post dumb shit.

btw, whats up Tyrone?

1 - 20 of 66 Posts