LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up L.I.L. i need some info.
Last night i wanted to see how high i could get the linc off the ground with my "new found voltage"......i hooked up my quick disconnect pulled out my switch box and bumped the ass end up, then i started to hop the front. It was getting pretty high with only 48 volts too :biggrin: then in mid swing about 13-14 inches off the ground it hit the fucking ground!! mind you my car lays, so when it hit, it hit hard! i thought maybe i just hit the switch wrong, so i bumped it back up, it was fine so i went to drop it so i could check my pump, and it fell like a rock. i pulled my disconect and popped the trunk......FLUID EVERYWHERE!!!!!! i started looking and i blew a hole in my return line about the size of a nickel. my question is what caused this? i check my hoses and my pumps on a daily! there was no wore spot in any of them, the fluid level was correct, the lines were bled, the batts were fully charged.

Also i thought the slow down might be blocked, but i put a new hose on it today and it's just fine, so it was just the hose. but how can 48 volts blow a hose? :dunno:

sorry so long!

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
I have seen this happen from having too much fluid in the tank!!! And if you mishit it might happen also!! ;)

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply, i just dont see how a miss hit could cause a blown line? when you dump, it goes through the lines to the slow down, bumping it back up the fluid travels through the check, into the dump and to the cylinders. i just don't see how a miss hit could cause enough pressure to blow a line?
it would seem like it would blow a dump or a o-ring or hell even a cylinder bushing before a line. ;)
i'm confused!!!!!

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
fuck it, somethings are JUST unexplainable w/ hydros. It may have just been a shitty hose, try another. I doubt it would happen again. I haven't seen many blown return hoses since they aren't under a lot of pressure, but I have seen a few blown pressure lines

Last edited by [email protected] at Nov 4 2003, 10:42 PM

·
Registered
300 Posts
Originally posted by stankin85@Nov 4 2003, 08:26 PM
Whats up L.I.L. i need some info.
Last night i wanted to see how high i could get the linc off the ground with my "new found voltage"......i hooked up my quick disconnect pulled out my switch box and bumped the ass end up, then i started to hop the front. It was getting pretty high with only 48 volts too :biggrin: then in mid swing about 13-14 inches off the ground it hit the fucking ground!! mind you my car lays, so when it hit, it hit hard! i thought maybe i just hit the switch wrong, so i bumped it back up, it was fine so i went to drop it so i could check my pump, and it fell like a rock. i pulled my disconect and popped the trunk......FLUID EVERYWHERE!!!!!! i started looking and i blew a hole in my return line about the size of a nickel. my question is what caused this? i check my hoses and my pumps on a daily! there was no wore spot in any of them, the fluid level was correct, the lines were bled, the batts were fully charged.

Also i thought the slow down might be blocked, but i put a new hose on it today and it's just fine, so it was just the hose. but how can 48 volts blow a hose? :dunno:

sorry so long!
do you have a check vavle after your slow down you could of built back pressure from the tank or your return hoses have a really shitty psi rating

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Originally posted by hopn78regal@Nov 4 2003, 07:42 PM
do you have a check vavle after your slow down
:dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:
Do you??

·
Hot Head President
5,431 Posts
i say that your return was only able to handle a certain about of pressure, did you have your slowdowns closed some, this may have cause pressure build up on the return hose more than it can handle, if the hole is in the middle of the hose then it was due to pressure...i say get another return hose, i would suggest one rated at 3000psi to 4250 psi...

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
One time I was trying to hop my ride, and after a dozen or so times, it wouldnt lift anymore..

so I was like, what the fuck??

I went back and popped my trunk, and I must have had a leak or something, because my whole trunk was full of air..

SO I said fuck it, I was gonna go home

I went to get in my car, opened the door, and my whole interior was full of air to!!

can you believe that shit??

I'm still trying to get all the air out of my interior!

Last edited by 216RIDER at Nov 4 2003, 10:39 PM

·
Hot Head President
5,431 Posts
Originally posted by 216RIDER@Nov 4 2003, 09:39 PM
One time I was trying to hop my ride, and after a dozen or so times, it wouldnt lift anymore..

I went back and popped my trunk, and I must have had a leak or something, because my whole trunk was full of air..

I went to get in my car, opened the door, and my whole interior was full of air to!!

:uh: :uh: :uh: stop farting then :uh: :uh: :cheesy: :cheesy:

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Originally posted by Silver+Nov 4 2003, 08:41 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Silver @ Nov 4 2003, 08:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--216RIDER@Nov 4 2003, 09:39 PM

:uh: :uh: :uh: stop farting then :uh: :uh: :cheesy: :cheesy:[/b][/quote]
:uh: :uh: :uh:

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by 216RIDER@Nov 4 2003, 11:39 PM

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
Originally posted by 216RIDER@Nov 5 2003, 02:39 AM

was the air due to barometric pressure or did you get a leak in your system?

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Originally posted by sneakyboy1+Nov 4 2003, 08:25 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sneakyboy1 @ Nov 4 2003, 08:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--hopn78regal@Nov 4 2003, 07:42 PM
Do you??
:dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:[/b][/quote]
I may have one after the slow down. ;)

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by ice64berg+Nov 5 2003, 02:36 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ice64berg @ Nov 5 2003, 02:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--216RIDER@Nov 5 2003, 02:39 AM

was the air due to barometric pressure or did you get a leak in your system?[/b][/quote]
barometric pressure ;)

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Hey, why don't you try putting your slowdown right after your dump and then the hose to the tank? That way the slowdown is not pressureizing the hose before it goes in the tank. Or put the slowdown before your dump. If you have 1 dump, then just replumb it. If you have 2 dumps, you will need another slowdown for the other dump. From the sounds of it, I guess you are single to the nose so you will need another slowdown.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by trudawg@Nov 6 2003, 01:45 AM
Here's the problem right here!
cce

j/k homie
damn, thats below the belt!!

if it makes you feel better i only run prohoppers and porkey cylinders! ;)

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Originally posted by Montey C+Nov 5 2003, 12:46 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Montey C @ Nov 5 2003, 12:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 4 2003, 08:25 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--hopn78regal
@Nov 4 2003, 07:42 PM

Do you??
I may have one after the slow down. ;)[/b][/quote]
why?

·
Registered
12,920 Posts
Originally posted by sneakyboy1+Nov 6 2003, 05:35 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sneakyboy1 @ Nov 6 2003, 05:35 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Montey [email protected] 5 2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 4 2003, 08:25 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--hopn78regal
@Nov 4 2003, 07:42 PM

Do you??

I may have one after the slow down. ;)
why?[/b][/quote]
yes why indeed?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts