LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
LOCKED UP MEANS UR CAR IS TOPPED OFF (LIFTED)AS HIGH AS IT CAN GO.....UR SUSPENSION CAN ONLY GO SO MUCH BEFORE IT STOPS..........AND OVER LOCKED IS WHEN U LOCK UR SUSPENSION UP (LIFT UP ALL THE WAY) AND IT WONT DUMP (GO DOWN) SO U HAVE TO MOVE UR POWER TO A 36 VOLT INSTEAD OF UR REAGULAR 24 (U GO TO BATT #3 INSTEAD OF 2) ............HOPE DAT HELPS

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
THNX. SO u can ride at any height though right??? If i get 18" i can only lift like 1/2 way or 3/4 and still be able to drive in the streets at that height?? I just thought that you had to lock your car to drive on the street.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
overlocking is when the cylinder is all the way up and for what ever reason there is more pressure added to the system. This might happen for a number of reasons, stuck switch, stuck solenoid, bumped the switch by accident. it might have different meanings to different people

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've posted already i'm 16. 17 In december. I'm just asking all types of what seems stupid questions to you cause i'm gonna get my ride in about 6 months and when i get it i'm going to juice it so i'm just trying to learn as much on it so i'm kinda prepared.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Originally posted by dreday@Oct 5 2003, 09:00 PM
So...your still kinda dreamin' huh???
Theres nothing wrong with dreamin. Dreams are always the start of great things.Downer you will learn that at half your ride height you will have a lot nicer ride than if you were locked up. When the cylinder is at full extension the only give you have is the tires that ride is pretty rough.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alright,thnx. Do you guys know of a shop in LA that will install the hydros. In 5 months i'll have the ride and so as soon as i get the ride i want to go install the juice but were is there a good place to have them do it??? I am going to order the showtime 4 pump kit next week. Working my ass of right now. :cool: :biggrin:

·
Registered
549 Posts
EY DOWNER WHAT KIND OF CAR ARE U THINKING OF GETTING? MABEY U CAN GET MORE IDEAS OF WHAT U WANT FROM SOMEONE WHO HAS THE SAME CAR AS U PLAN ON GETTING....JUST A SUGGESTION, TRY A CUTTY OR A MONTE "G" BODY THERE NOT TO BIG NOT TO SMALL AND EASY TO WORK WITH.....SHIT LIKE 64 AND OLDER CARS ARE USUALLY FOR PEEPS WHO HAVE HAD A FEW CARS BEFORE..AND HAVE ALREADY BROKEN CARS, GETTING THE SWITHC HAPPIENESS OUT OF THERE SYSTEM........CUZ WHEN U FIRST GET THEM U WILL GO CRAZY WITH THEM............WELL FROM PEEPS IVE KNOWN.......

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Originally posted by DOWNER_42069@Oct 5 2003, 09:31 PM
Alright,thnx. Do you guys know of a shop in LA that will install the hydros. In 5 months i'll have the ride and so as soon as i get the ride i want to go install the juice but were is there a good place to have them do it??? I am going to order the showtime 4 pump kit next week. Working my ass of right now. :cool: :biggrin:
So, you don't have the car yet, don't have the switches but are fixing to buy them next week, and you've got some 13" rims of some sort??? Isn't this all backwards???? :confused:

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Originally posted by DOWNER_42069@Oct 5 2003, 09:31 PM
Its obvious you've never had switches before....and your gonna get a 4pump set-up, 18's for the rear, 4 link, and on & on....
All this on your first set-up???
I think you need to start of w/ a couple pumps, maybe 6 batts, 8" for the front & maybe 12's in the rear, no major mods. like 4 links & shit....
You maybe getting in over your head...

You gotta crawl before you walk...

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
there are many shops in la, do a search,

one of the highest quality shops is

Homies Hydraulics.

in sfv area you have C&L hydraulics

plus you can find homie, that will do it from there backyards.

:),

cc

Last edited by Cruz_Campos at Oct 5 2003, 10:18 PM

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have the daytons already, I am going to buy a hydraulic kit from Showtime sometime next week(4 pumps with 12 batt.), and am working for my car wich i'll get like in 5 months. I am going to get either 95 or 96 cadi fleetwood. So when i get the car i'm going to throw on the wheels and go somewhere to have the hydros installed. :biggrin:

·
Registered
17,895 Posts
Originally posted by DOWNER_42069@Oct 5 2003, 10:21 PM
I have the daytons already, I am going to buy a hydraulic kit from Showtime sometime next week(4 pumps with 12 batt.), and am working for my car wich i'll get like in 5 months. I am going to get either 95 or 96 cadi fleetwood. So when i get the car i'm going to throw on the wheels and go somewhere to have the hydros installed. :biggrin:
good choice of a car, i want one to :cheesy: :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts