LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Walking to and from work this winter is going to bring me a paint job and more importantly ... switches. I've been following these forums and a few others for a while as well as looking up information in books (library doesn't have much :( ) and on the internet which doesn't seem to be getting me far. I have never ridden on juice or bags and I've never even seen a car hop or anything with juice. I've seen my buddys truck go up and down (front end only) on air. So I seriouly don't know anything about this stuff yet other then the basics on how it works. So help me figure out which one I need.

I want to be able to do 3 wheel real strong and drive in circles. heh. I want to be able to play around (dance a little) I'm not interested in actualy hopping off the ground. I drive a 63 Dodge Polara. I want something that will install without burning holes in my brain. Something I can fix without killing myself. I want something thats cost effective when comparing the two. If the most expensive piece is whats replaced the most often. I don't want it. lol. I just want something I can show off, brag about, and look good in. I don't drive my car much seing how I don't have to. (shopping once a week and driving to the club once in a while) Having a smoother ride would be nice but isn't necessary. I will take care of my ride as best I can but I don't want something thats going to be leaving me stranded all the time... And I don't plan on going to any shows or anything like that if it makes any difference.

But I've been reading all of these forums a lot and have gone through nearly all the posts but havn't found anything that says "Ok. it's obvious. I need juice or I need air... They seem like a tossup"

Either way. I'm not gunna be a psychotic juice hater or a bag hater. I want what will work for me... And if any of you have any good websites to show whats up, please lemme know. I've already read the bagged impalla's site 100 times (sorry. your names not commin to me. ) thats a lot of usefull info... Love the pics!

******This post is to long and nobody will respond to it... lol. little own read it. cheers!***********

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm even so dumb to have posted this in the wrong forum.... spose this should have gone into hydrolics. wasn't payin attention.

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by liquid@Nov 17 2003, 04:59 PM
I'm even so dumb to have posted this in the wrong forum....   spose this should have gone into hydrolics.   wasn't payin attention.
hydraulics

Last edited by 216RIDER at Nov 17 2003, 05:58 PM

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by liquid@Nov 17 2003, 04:58 PM

. I've already read the bagged impalla's site 100 times (sorry. your names not commin to me. ) thats a lot of usefull info... Love the pics!

:0

·
Registered
986 Posts
good for ebay though...pm me when you sell your stuff. ;)

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Originally posted by liquid@Nov 17 2003, 03:59 PM
I'm even so dumb to have posted this in the wrong forum.... spose this should have gone into hydrolics. wasn't payin attention.
You were asking about both types of system, so it should be in both forums :cheesy: !

Aren't the 1960s Dodges on torsion bar suspension? If so I think you will find that it is very awkward to fit hydraulics or air suspension.

I know of someone who has hydraulics on a 1968 Plymouth, and he said it was a lot of work. I could find his contact details for you if you like.

:cheesy:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by M-827+Nov 18 2003, 08:20 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (M-827 @ Nov 18 2003, 08:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--liquid@Nov 17 2003, 03:59 PM
I'm even so dumb to have posted this in the wrong forum....   spose this should have gone into hydrolics.   wasn't payin attention.
You were asking about both types of system, so it should be in both forums :cheesy: !

Aren't the 1960s Dodges on torsion bar suspension? If so I think you will find that it is very awkward to fit hydraulics or air suspension.

I know of someone who has hydraulics on a 1968 Plymouth, and he said it was a lot of work. I could find his contact details for you if you like.

:cheesy:[/b][/quote]
Yes please.. :thumbsup:

Being able to talk to someone thats installed it on front suspension like mine would be very helpful.!.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts