LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey...i want to know what's a nice color but unique or a mix of colors that look nice togethe :biggrin: r

·
Registered
7,746 Posts
just pick a basic color and fuck around with hews and shit add metallic, candy all that shit

·
Banned
9,973 Posts
Originally posted by SmallDreams@Aug 15 2005, 07:18 AM~3625384
Chameleon paint is da shit. I painted my sons bike chameleon. It looks good while being in the sun. :cool:
Does it come in a can?

·
Registered
7,746 Posts
Originally posted by 1lowimpala@Aug 15 2005, 10:54 AM~3625481
Does it come in a can?
eBay
but it looks like ass, so if your gonna get it done, do it right ;)

·
Registered
7,746 Posts
Originally posted by just lowriding@Aug 15 2005, 11:17 AM~3625583
every colour there ever was has probably been used
probably not on bikes though

·
Registered
27 Posts
Dont buy that shit at WALMART. Go to a paint and body shop. The paint they use is PPG paint. That shit gives it more of a better look than the chameleon paint at walmart.

·
Registered
7,746 Posts
Originally posted by SmallDreams@Aug 15 2005, 06:26 PM~3628275
Dont buy that shit at WALMART. Go to a paint and body shop. The paint they use is PPG paint. That shit gives it more of a better look than the chameleon paint at walmart.
also a lot more than some people can afford ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
I got my sons bike frame painted at Candys Autobody in San Diego. I only paid $200 bucks for it because I knew one of the guys son that worked there so he hooked it up. Just shop around, but thats a kick ass paint job you will get. :cool:

·
Registered
7,746 Posts
Originally posted by SmallDreams@Aug 15 2005, 11:05 PM~3630186
I got my sons bike frame painted at Candys Autobody in San Diego. I only paid $200 bucks for it because I knew one of the guys son that worked there so he hooked it up. Just shop around, but thats a kick ass paint job you will get. :cool:
wow I asked the guy at Maaco and he said he'd just do it for the cost of the paint, once I get a lowrider again I'm taking him up on the offer

·
Registered
32,253 Posts
If budget allows House of Kolor has a ton of great colors. Experiment with paint schemes.

Wolverine used a silver base coat and did his graphics then did the flake and blue I believe.

You can also lay down a black base coat, mix in gold flake and use green as your top coat. Or do a light green base coat, mix in blue flake and dark yellow top coat.

Try these combos:

light blue base, silver flake, dark green top coat

silver base, blue flake, magenta top coat

yellow base, silver flake, purple top coat

1 - 20 of 21 Posts