LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Hot Head President
Joined
·
5,431 Posts
iTS A WEAPON OF CHOICE FOR YOUNGENS...IT LOOKS LIKE A 'Y' WITH A HEAVY DUTY RUBBER BAND IN BETWEEN, YOU PUT A PROJECTILE IN BETWEEN THE 'Y' AND PULL IT BACK AND AIM AT YOUR TARGET AND LET GO..THEN YOU WATCH THE PROJECTILE HIT THE TARGET IN THE EYE AS HE GOES TO STOP IT AND INSTEAD FALLS TO THE GROUND....... :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
605 Posts
Originally posted by Silver@Oct 13 2003, 07:47 PM
iTS A WEAPON OF CHOICE FOR YOUNGENS...IT LOOKS LIKE A 'Y' WITH A HEAVY DUTY RUBBER BAND IN BETWEEN, YOU PUT A PROJECTILE IN BETWEEN THE 'Y' AND PULL IT BACK AND AIM AT YOUR TARGET AND LET GO..THEN YOU WATCH THE PROJECTILE HIT THE TARGET IN THE EYE AS HE GOES TO STOP IT AND INSTEAD FALLS TO THE GROUND....... :cheesy:  :cheesy:  :cheesy:
You mean like this?


what's that got to do with lowriding?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,289 Posts
Originally posted by impala_631+Oct 14 2003, 03:15 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (impala_631 @ Oct 14 2003, 03:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--vwlownslo@Oct 13 2003, 06:17 PM
go here:        

http://www.hicarclub.com/slingshot.html

Thats Badass64's ride... :)
thats my ride :angry:[/b][/quote]
OOOPS! Sorry man... :)
 

·
do it in a datsun!!
Joined
·
14,491 Posts
Originally posted by vwlownslo+Oct 14 2003, 06:46 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vwlownslo @ Oct 14 2003, 06:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 14 2003, 03:15 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--vwlownslo
@Oct 13 2003, 06:17 PM
go here:        

http://www.hicarclub.com/slingshot.html

Thats Badass64's ride... :)

thats my ride :angry:
OOOPS! Sorry man... :)[/b][/quote]
lmao, its cool :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by Silver@Oct 14 2003, 03:47 AM
iTS A WEAPON OF CHOICE FOR YOUNGENS...IT LOOKS LIKE A 'Y' WITH A HEAVY DUTY RUBBER BAND IN BETWEEN, YOU PUT A PROJECTILE IN BETWEEN THE 'Y' AND PULL IT BACK AND AIM AT YOUR TARGET AND LET GO..THEN YOU WATCH THE PROJECTILE HIT THE TARGET IN THE EYE AS HE GOES TO STOP IT AND INSTEAD FALLS TO THE GROUND....... :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:
there you have it.... ;) :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
605 Posts
That's a really nice take on the idea....

clever!

You have the ride back together?

Can you post a close up of the rearend reinforcement?
Nice work there...

Chris

Ps... Is the front mount of the slingshot mounted in line with the trailing arm pivots?



Last edited by WashPaChris 64 at Oct 15 2003, 05:34 PM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
Originally posted by impala_631+Oct 16 2003, 07:19 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (impala_631 @ Oct 16 2003, 07:19 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--WashPaChris 64@Oct 16 2003, 03:40 AM
Yeah, if the front mounts aren't in line with the trailing arm mounts, you don't get the "4-link effect".
sure dont ;)

Just a question, in your picture, the rear mount is left of the center of the axle. In the diagram on the highcarclub website, it is right in the center of the axle, why? What is the 4-link effect> What is a 4-link, any diagrams?[/b][/quote]
Just a question, in your picture, the rear mount is left of the center of the axle. In the diagram on the highcarclub website, it is right in the center of the axle, why? What is the 4-link effect> What is a 4-link, any diagrams?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,083 Posts
4-LINK = 4 TRAILING ARMS UPPER AND LOWER.

SLINGSHOT (WISHBONE) = UPPER TRAILING ARM DESIGNED TO STEER THE PINION UPWARDS WHEN LOCKING UP AND KEEP THE AXLE FROM SHIFTING SIDE TO SIDE SO YOU CAN DITCH THE PANHARD BAR.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top